Hi, I had sex with my new boyfriend couple of times, and once it was unprotected. Few days later, I started having a strange sensation on my vaginal area. My pee hole is irritated, swollen and red. I know I have to visit a gynecologist, but it freaks me out when I think what this could be. Any suggestion?

Hi, I have a similar problem. I have an irritated pee hole, and it really burns when I urinate. It changed its normal color, and now it’s red and swollen. My pee hole doesn’t hurt, but it causes a very irritating sensation. Sometimes I feel itching in my pee hole, and I can’t relieve it because it’s inside. I went to gynecologist, and she couldn’t find anything. My results for chlamydia and gonorrhea are negative, and now I’m waiting for culture results. I suspect on yeast, but my doctor doesn’t agree with me. She could at least test me on yeast.

Hello!!! i know EXACTLY whats wrong with you, it's happened to me many times, and it's not serious. if i'm not mistaken you have a Urinary Tract Infection. and need antibiotics. it's not a big deal and usually happens from not urinating after sex (that is if the guy is releasing inside you not using a condom) and bacteria gets places it shouldn't. so go to your doctor and say you think you have a urinary tract infection and they should take a pee test!

Hope i could help
~Kitty Nicole

Drink cranberry juice for some relief while you are waiting for the antibiotics to kick in, and try to drink cranberry juice once in a while to prevent a UTI. I know it's painful! But the juice will help alleviate the symptoms while you are on antibiotics. And...urinate after sex...at some point :-)

All tests came back negative? What was the problem if it wasnt any yeast or uti?

Having the same God damn problem.. Had every test I can.. bloods, urine, hvs swab.. all satisfactory. Its STILL sore.. Could it be polyps? I have a slight prolapse. To me.. it feels sore and likely to be red if someone was to look.. even had an ultrasound scan.. its not my womb so back we go to the bladder. My hormones are also making my periods short and light and keep feeling sick. Sick of it..

Could be bv

If it is a uti or bladder infection, the natural and very effective route is to take D-Mannose. Much better than antibiotics, and permanantly takes it away..

im having a similar issue and have been ck ed , nothing dr can find , been though two rounds of antibiotics and now waiting to see gyno dr.. been going on for months now , making me crazy !

Have you looked into IC? Just a thought x

I have this problem all the time. I'm not sure what it is (it could be a uti) but I'm fairly certain it isn't entirely caused by sex because I get it when I'm not having sex at all. I have noticed, however, that drinking a bottle or two of water will usually solve the problem. I like to drink a bottle (at a normal pace) and then try to pee and repeat that for about an hour and it stops burning and reduces he swelling on its own. I just assumed it was an infection due to dehydration. Anyways, I hope this helped.

I get this very often, especially if I don't pee after sex! Most often happens to me after sex. It's like super itchy/burning feeling like I need to pee. You can go to the doctor and say you think you have a uti and get tested they'll give you antibiotics and it'll go right away! Or you can just drink A LOT of water (about half your weight in ounces) to pee out the bacteria, so if you weigh say 140lbs you will want to drink 70oz of water. Also drink 100% cranberry juice it helps with preventing more bacteria growth. Also take vitamin C supplements or drink OJ the acidity helps prevent more growth. Yogurt also helps too! The kind with probiotics in it (Yoplait originals has it in it). Do all these for a few days and it will be gone!

Will it clear up on its own ?

Thank you tons! I haven't had sex and was looking to find a reason/solution that didn't revolve around that. I also hadn't realized that I haven't drank as much water, cranberry juices or had yogurts for a while since I've been at school.

Try looking into candida it's sounds crazy but only treatment that have me any relief