I am brand new at running, I am 40 years old, weight 180 pounds and am 5f 10"... I have been running for 20 days now and for the past three days I have felt comfortable running 5k at a slow pace (during my run my heartbeat is an average of 145 beats per second) ... by comfortable I mean I finish real sweaty and tired but feeling great emotionally.. My question is if its okay if I run 5k everyday... I am an animal of habit and like to have routines around my life... I am not looking to get into 5k races or anything like that, I just want to stay healthy... do I need a more complex routine?
Thank you in advance!

5k everyday is not bad at all. If 5k is easy, why don't take it up a notch. Lets say 10k perhaps. Just maintain your pace though. By the way, what socks do you use when running? I've got skin burns on my ankles in my last 15k run.

I bought some nike socks when I bought my running shoes, the first kind of socks that actually have a mark for the left sock and the right sock.