Ok, im 19 and i've literally only just discovered that to retract my foreskin properly i need to pull it entirely over the head of the penis. correct me if i've got this wrong.

But does this mean that i have to pull it back completely behind the glans? i just tried to pull it back in the shower and got to the very edge of the head of my penis and when i tried to pull it back over my penis it wasn't very easy, obviously panic set in and i thought that i wouldn't be able to pull it back over my penis head, didn't fancy this as ive got a field trip starting in the next few days where ill be stuck with my penis rubbing in my trousers all day :(

So my question is, how far should i retract my foreskin, and if the skin seems to become stuck again how do i go about retracting it?

Also should i try to retract my foreskin whilst the penis is erect or will this cause fractures in the skin?

Pretty worrying time for me as i've only just found out that the foreskin is even able to go this far, i only found out because i noticed that it was very far back after a blowjob i had a few days ago.

Please help me with all the questions i have as they're all pretty important to me.

Thanks in advance.

There are no rules about "retracting it properly". If you want to clean under there, getting it back as far as possible would be the goal but the idea is to do it without causing undue pain. If it's too tight then just keep working on pulling it back more every time.

You can also stretch it by inserting two fingers in the tip while in the shower and stretching the opening. This works best when warm and wet and you hold the stretch as long as you can. It takes time for skin to stretch.

If it was pretty far back after a bj, that must have happened while it was erect. If you didn't have any fissures in the skin after that you probably won't from pulling it back by hand.

Normally it would not be erect when you pull it back for cleaning but ---- just doing that may cause an erection so you may end up with it back while erect. If it hurts, stop pulling.

It's not likely to get stuck back there so you have to live with it rubbing on your trousers. Mine used to end up back there after masturbating and if I put it away like that it always returned to normal by itself.

Stop stressing, penises and foreskins have been around for a long time without much trouble. We've only had the internet so you could hear about some peoples crisis for a short time.

Thanks for the reply, ive been practising with my stretching and i can now retract it fully over the glans without being in the shower (when flaccid). However it seems to stop going back once its just gone over the edge of the glans and the right side seems to retract a little more than the left side does.

should i be able to retract my foreskin when it is erect over time too? 

Yep, just keep working on it.

Not in complete reply to the thread, but still on the topic: Are there any other reasons for retracting your foreskin, other than the ability to clean the area? (also, how would one go about cleaning the area?)

Clean with water.

It's quite nice to have a foreskin that retracts easily during sex. The in and out motion is usually appreciated by your partner and the stretching of the inner surface when it's pulled back is quite pleasurable for you.

Thanks for that reply. I am still a virgin, but I'll keep it in mind :)