My 9 year old sons foreskin is partly fused to the glans. He can pull his foreskin back without any problem however it does not retract fully. He has alot of small holes where the foreskin is fused to the glans and suffers alot from smegma which smells and is very sore. Is this normal for children with this problem? i have looked on the internet but can only find info on tight foreskins which he hasnt got. Ive took him to the gp a few years back and was told that as he grows older it will correct itself as he becomes sexually aware but am worried that if its not sorted now it will cause more problems by infection and maybe ripping ?

I would take him to the GP again to have it checked out. It might be thrush (im not an expert mind) which is easily sorted with a cream. Best to catch these things earlier than later. it is important to clean under the foreskin everyday with warm water.