Is it cheating if I masterbate and my girlfriend is not there? My girlfriend said I was cheating when she caught me masterbating. What? How am I cheating and is it cheating? Please help ladies

I'm not a lady Raven but NO it is not cheating.

It's a NORMAL and healthy activity.  Most males masturbate, even those in a committed relationship.  Many women masturbate as well.

What would she say if you had a wet dream while she was away?  Are you cheating then?  

How old is your gf?  Really?  Masturbating by yourself and it's cheating?  Not in my books!

2 years ago when I had my hysterectomy and was healing, I had to abstain from sex so my hubby would obviously jerk-off.  I expected this and asked if he had. 

3.5 years ago when my daughter was born she was an emergency c-section again had to abstain from sex, guess what?  He jerked off.

All males do it and if they say they don't they are lying.  Build your relationship on respect and trust, maybe masturbate together which brings your relationship to another level of sexiness.  When Medic-Dan said females do it too, yup he's right, I do it often.  Things turn me on and that I can't help and so I like to stroke myself as well - hey we have feelings too.

Hope this helps and she can see that it's part of most everyone's life/daily activities

Thank you for your openness and excellent response. I wanted another females opinion and I feel you are right on. I agree. I believe it's a trust issue. I don't like it it's causing me to not want to be with her. I view it as a form of control. I don't want to be controlled and refuse to be. I'm old enough to control myself. Thanks again!

I agree with that too, a lot of females want the control of everything in their life including their men and his sexual life without understanding anything about a male libido BUT yet wanting to get laid whenever it pleases them/us. One thing Raven, I am an older female and she sounds like she may be younger and the maturity may come at an older age, I say may as not all females turn out this way with the understanding. I hope it works out for you and her.

And hey, no problem!