I have been taking Loratabs on and off for 5 years. I started down this road due to back surgeries. I found after the pain begin to heal that the tabs gave me a wonderful euphoric feeling that I had never experienced before. I would take them just to get a "high" although most say they tend to get mellow while on them???
Now, for the past year I have been taking them on a daily basis anywhere from 2 to 9 7.5 mg a day. However, my normal average is about 5 7.5mg daily. This is a habit my husband shares as well. However, it doesn't seem to take as much for him to get a high. He generally doesn't take more than 4 a day if that many.
I suppose I have a few concerns but mainly how many is too many to start effecting our livers? I've always heard that too much anacetamenaphine could cause serious liver damage. We are both 40 years old and my liver enzymes have been known to be high even when not taking tabs. We have a good marriage and wonderful children and i want to be healthy and alive to see the grow up but I cannot see giving up the tabs any time soon!!!!! How do you kick this darn habit??? What is missing in our lives that we feel we have to have the drugs?
I have a feeling it will eventually effect our marriage as we often fight over how many each is taking and he is constantly hiding them from me! I become very angry and agitated when I can't find them. It's to the point that I begin to resent him over tabs even though I love him with all my heart. When we're both up it's one of the greastest sensations ever!!!
However, when we run out we both experience mood swings and depression.
The only positive thing is we do obtain them legally although our pain may be exaggerated. We've never doctor shopped or tried to buy on the streets. We have it down to a science that we each get one prescription a month and share. Unfortunately, this normally leaves about a week without any which is sheer torture.
We have not experimented with any other drugs other than I am prescribed xanax for panic attacks. However, I would much rather have tabs and do not take the xanax on a regular basis.
We both realize we need help but can't seem to push each other to take that first step. We are just your normal middle class family and our friends and family would be shocked if they knew this humiliating secret about our lives.
Can anyone tell me if we are quickly or slowing damaging our bodies (livers) and how on earth you begin to kick this habit??????? Can it be done without professional help????? Is there anything less harmful that can replace this habit????? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

There is an easy and natural way to come off of opiate pain meds. It is a tea that is readily available online, and at most smoke shops. It is called Kratom. The better quality is available online. It is not expensive, and works with the same opioid receptors that any opiate works on. In other words, if you are truly willing to get off pain meds, but actually have pain, Kratom works as a pain management tool.
You can easily wean yourself off pain medication, Kratom assists in the withdrawal process by lessening the symptoms, it is legal, and it is inexpensive.
I really don't want to sound like a jerk here, but, when folks exaggerate their pain levels to get medication so they can be "high", it makes it difficult for those of us with serious pain issues to get appropriate management. But, it is because of the rise in abuse that I had to find an alternative for pain management, so I should probably thank you. Thanks. My liver will probably be better off too. Good luck with your future, whatever you decide to do.