Hello. I'm 34 year old worried mother and I need some information quickly. I'm very worried for my only son who is only 17 years old. He is very young but he developed some heart problem and I just can't take it any more.
About a week ago- has felt something that later my doctor described as a transient ischemic attack.
He has returned from school and suddenly felt numbness and weakness in the face, arms and legs. He also felt sudden blurred vision or decreased vision in one or both eyes. We took him to see a doctor and some cardiologist determined that he suffers from some condition called Patent Foramen Ovale!

I don’t know what to say about all this. I'm very sorry to hear that someone that young has developed these heart problem.
I have read some facts about this condition and I’ll try to help you understand these things.
A patent foramen ovale is a defect in the wall between the two atrial chambers of the heart.
You know what does this mean! It means that in some cases arterial and vain blood are mixing together.
This communication is being opened in some specific situations such as coughing, sneezing, or straining during a bowel movement. Some blood-thinning medications are being prescribed to such patients to prevent blood cells from sticking together.