:?: is it normal for my 2 year old girl to show signs of masterbation,by sqeezing her leg real hard and getting pleasure?

baby_pritch wrote:

not really masterbation at 2

baby_pritch wrote:

It is perfectly normal for a baby or young child to "masturbate". If it feels good its good is any 2 y/o's motto. and you cant really stop her so you'll just have to wait for her to grow out of that phase. hope i helped,

-Logan

I don't see where squeezing her leg is really masterbation, BUT as the last post stated if it feels good, it feels good.

I'm NOT making light of this promise!! I have a 3 yr. old niece, but when she was 1 1/2 we would notice that when she went to bed at night and had finished her cup of milk, if she still wasn't asleep you would find her with her legs spread and her hand in her peepee!! When we asked what she was doing, she replied, going to sleep!! lol.. So, MY TAKE on this is, it may be just more of a COMFORT thing than a masterbation thing :O)

Hope that helps!! Take Care!!

I've heard it's normal, and at such a young age they don't even know what masturabation is or means. It could be that she has found this on her own, or maybe sexual abuse is to play a role. I'm not saying that your daughter might have been touched or anything of the sort, but I would assume it could be a chance.

When I was about 8 years old is the earliest I remember doing it, I could have been doing it earlier, I just don't remember. I would squeeze my legs together because it felt good. I remember just knowing that after I felt the pleasure it would make me tired. To this day that is how I masterbate and the only way for me to orgasm. But I'm pretty sure, from experience, this is a form of masterbation. But I think that it is and heard that it is quite normal for children to find parts of themselves and find ways that feel good to them. It is human nature. It is nothing to worry about right now. Unless it gets out of hand. Hope I helped.

My 3 year old before bedtime lays on her stomach and puts her hands down there and rocks back and forth. I am divorced and only have her half the time. Is this normal

Little ones will masterbate. Tho to them, that is not what it is. Some will rock on an object, others will rub on something, like a pillow or the arm of the couch or chair. Little boys will hump on the floor or just literally play with their privates. Try not make an issue out of it, you don't want to make the child think that it is nasty, it's really not. Just try to get their attention focused on something else and steer them away from themselves.
I have had 5 children and now 4 grandsons, they all, at one time or another did it. My last grandson is 15 months old and he almost tears that little peewee off when your trying to change him. I can change his diaper in 10 seconds flat and i make sure he is holding a toy or something before i start, just to keep his little hands focused on something else.

where do you people think this is normal? fact is children who touch their privates may be exporing but masterbating is not the case , talk to your doctor about this

It's totally normal. Some girls have their first orgasms by squeezing their legs together, or any of the other methods described above.
It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I babysat an 18 month old girl once who used to masturbate herself to sleep pretty much every night. More common than you'd think.

To GUEST on 12/10/09:

It is normal, and I HAVE taken my daughter to the doctor for it, and she also said it was normal. She has been doing it since she was 1 and is now almost 4...you may have read my post on this matter. But it is normal, and like the other Guest said, more common then not I think, from what I have been reading.

Any one that thinks that a little one who touches themselves is wrong, sorry but your the one who is misinformed. A child touching themselves or rubbing themselves is NOT an indicator that there must be something "not nice" going on behind the scenes.
Actually, at that that age it's not even considered masterbation, it feels good to them so they do it. They do not know that it's not a good idea to do it at Sunday dinner surrounded by the family, there fore they see no wrong or harm in doing it.
Now if the kid is 6 or 7 and his/her hands are constantly jammed in the pants, then you may want to see his/her doctor.

So dear babyblues, your little girl is 100% normal. :-D

Thanks BB...I came across this one yesterday when I was just skimming, and the one post from the Guest just got me peeved. She/he is definitely the one who is misinformed and probably doesn't even have any children. Who knows though. I did see your post on this topic that all of your children at one time or another "discovered" what felt good to them and the more and more I read, I realize how normal it is....to me now, it almost seems not normal for a child not to do it all, atleast once, during their adolescence. Its human nature :-D

Your so right babyblues, but some people have way different views on stuff like this, it's like a sin to them, i suppose it is in some religions tho. And that's okay......for them!
I was born and brought up in the Catholic church, not any more as it is just to much c**p. As i tried to remember my Ten Commandements, i don't recall one that says, Thou Shalt Not Touch Thyself.
And yes, all of my kids had fun discovering themselves when they were small. Today, they are well adjusted, employed, family orientated, loving and giving of others and just all around good human beings. They did not become child molesters, monks or nuns and they all love the opposite sex, which would no big deal if they didn't. Masterbation does not cause hair to grow on the palms of your hands, it does not make you go blind, it does not turn one into a sexual deviate, it doesn't cause hugh pimples to pop out on your face and it doesn't affect your memory. Umm..what were we talking about again XD XD XD Just kidding, or am i?? ;-)

Thou Shalt Not Touch Thyself ! ! 8-|

I don't know Beeb, when I was a lad all the old men at church were sure that was one of the commandments. It was probably on the tablet Moses dropped on the way down the mountain. :-D Remember these were the same guys who used to cut foreskins off boys --- and girls >:( ---- to curtail masturbation >;)

When I was about three, I had Chicken Pox. I "discovered myself" at that time. Probably while scratching. My mother wanted to tie mittens on my hands so I couldn't scratch. I was horrified at the thought. That was going to take away all the fun I was having with my new toy. I promised her I would never scratch any of those pox if she wouldn't put the gloves on me. I had learned to grovel before a woman !

I know I wasn't masturbating because I didn't learn to do that until I was 10, but it did feel good to touch that thing and it responded by changing shape. After I got off the sick bed I forgot about it until the neighbor girls brought me back to the joy of life when I was about 7 or 8. I finally learned the art of masturbation at 10 and began a life long quest for perfection.

No hair on my palms, no pimples, no deviate, no glasses. no memory. Well 4 out of 5 ain't bad.

I must be normal, I'm here ain't I? Telling a bunch of people I don't even know, all about my sex life.
Tell me again Beeb or bambi or babyblues ---- I AM normal %-)
I know you're all normal. 8-|