I was recently informed, on Face Book actually, that my son is goin to be a daddy. Shoot me now please.
I need to find that big hole that i can crawl into and be sure to pull the hole in behind me :'(

Congratulations, BB. Nice work. XD
Now hold still ---------------- BANG!!!

Congratulation bbfeet from me to.
I wish them all the best.

What a way to find out! I'm sorry that your son didn't just TELL you like a normal son would have. You've had a really stressful year and this is just adding to the heap, huh? How old is your son?

He is my last born, just 19

Maybe that's just the way 19 year olds communicate, Beeb. :-(

bbfeet9 wrote:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

He is my last born, just 19

Boy I wish he'd told you!! But he is 19, so he was probably afraid you'd nail his @$$ to the wall. I'm sure he'll be able to make it work and that ultimately he'll be okay...but yeah, I can imagine this is scary. Does he at least have steady work? And a place to have the baby??

Yes he has a very good job and his gf is a 3rd year colloge student. I am a bit pissed cuz he didn't tell me the "man"way, but i'm thinking he thought i would have choked him. I'm not worried because i see that they are both pretty responsible (sort of) and they both have strong family bonds, so we will all be sort of hanging in the shadows should they need a little help.

Just be glad it wasn't the other mother in law who called to tell you about it Beeb.

When My first son was born, my MIL ---- that would be the same one who REFUSED to come to our wedding ---- happened to be at the hospital at the time. I was at the body shop picking up our car so I could drive them home. If it happened an hour earlier, I would have been there instead of her. So everyone I called to tell about it, already knew, because she called them first. I mean everyone, even MY mother in Florida.

At least I got to tell the Marine guard at the navy yard gate on my way to work the next morning, and Shirley Muldowney at the drag strip the following Sunday. I gave them both cigars. My MIL didn't know Shirley or I'm sure she would have called her too. That woman hated me real bad (good?).

You know, I was just thinking--maybe since you're going through your divorce, he didn't want to worry you? I know that's stupid, but I can see the logic in it. What do you think?

I think your right healthguy, he is very sensitive and wears his heart on his sleeve. He has seen me draggin around here and i think he thinks he may upset me even more. But it is what it is, nothing one can do now. He was over for diner last night and it almost seems like it hasn't sunk into his head just yet. Soon enough reality will come around and he will get a hugh reminder. I am here for him tho, no matter what. I didn't tell him this but.........i'm secretly hoping for a little girl, i have 4 grandsons now.

You can wish for a little girl but I don't know. My grandmother did the same thing and ended up getting me. :-)

NEWS FLASH.....READ ALL ABOUT IT :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Girlfriend got her period. Thank God.

Tho it's not for me to judge, it is quite a relief. My son was over last night having dinner and he got the news from his gf. Right in the middle of dinner the text came in. He put his fork down and raised both arms and announced, Steph got her period. He sat there for a minute as all of our mouth dropped, then he casually said, ah now i can eat more, please pass the gravey XD XD

I love it Beeb.
I'm visualizing that now.
A family sitting around the dinner table.
TSuddenly the son raises his arms and exclaims ---- "She got her period"!!!!!!!!

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Now that i replay that moment over in my head, it is funny. XD XD XD

I had a serious talk with him tho and he realizes that if he doesn't have protection in the future, then he doesn't play. He said he was wrong but he got so cought up in the moment 8-| Been there done that, right?
He said that he has a hard enough time supporting himself and his car payments and his rent and his fun times. He was wondering how would he support a baby and baby mama. I think he grew up a little thru this, that's a good thing.
And he also made it crystal clear that if she was pregnant that there would be no termination, he said he would have managed it somehow.
He is a big guy and he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me and told me how much he loved me, then he thanked me for being his mom :'(
Then to top it off, he wanted to know if i planned on serving ice creme and chocolate syrup with the brownies o.O