Im 60 years old, been married for 26 years with no children. Why do I not have any sexual desire. We have sex about 5-6 time a year. Is this normal? We love each other very much, but by the end of the day, we're poop out! HELP

Hi jazz,
This could be a complete hormone imbalance on your part. Have you gone thru menopause yet? Relations with your husband 5 to 6 times a year could be normal for some couples if that's what they have become used to but, theoretically, it is some what....not normal.
May i suggest that you see your gyno, he or she may do blood tests to see if your hormone levels are normal or starting to dwindle or just plain depleted.
Is it the both of you, or just you that has no desire?

Hi jazz,

Sorry for butting in but this caught my eye! A Few weeks ago on Dr. Oz they were saying that a LOT of couples only have sex a couple of times a year! When you factor in - jobs, family, lack of sleep, stress, money, and the biggy HORMONES - depletion in both - it can only lead to one thing going by the way side! The brain has HUGE tasks everyday, and when stressed they will drop the least effective thing - your sex drive! Just like the old "I have a headache" If the brain has too much going on, why would it even consider sending out the "troops" for sex? If I'm tired or upset, or feeling sick and my husband gives me "THAT" look! I look at him and say "You have GOT to be kidding!" And as just like bbfeet stated IF this is your norm then fine - there isn't anything wrong (if your husband is fine with it too)! BUT if it's not the norm and you both are growing apart due to it, then you will need to see if you need a progesterone patch etc. You will probably be in POST menopause which leads to vaginal dryness - painful sex (another blockage for the brain), lack of the sex hormones, not feeling 100% etc. THUS me knowing that God IS a man - Menstruation, Menopause, etc. ;-D So see if this is bothering your relationship! See if this is why you feel badly about it! IF your husband has no problem with it, and you don't either - deep down saying "THANK GOD!!!" - then don't despair! MILLIONS of us go through this - thus all the products out there! Good luck!

Now that they no longer notify us of replies to a topic, I don't know if any of the participants will see this, but here goes.

I think that is one of the classic mysteries of the ages. After 26 years I think you are doing quite well at 5-6 times a year. I'm 70 with 45 years of marriage and my sex life went away shortly after the second kid was born 40 years ago. As Bambi says she looked at me and said "You have GOT to be kidding!". Wipe that smile off your face, Bambi!!! Actually she never said it but her actions were sufficient. She came to bed hermetically sealed in a night gown. If I did get turned on enough to dig my way in she would get out of bed on the premise that she had to go to the bathroom and come back all sealed up again. When she was in her mid forties she suddenly remembered her father had abused her after watching a TV talk show about that. About ten years later I had a heart attack and bypass surgery. The day I came home from the hospital after 6 bypasses she jumped my bones that night. She had NEVER done girl on top in our whole lives and I though I had gone to heaven. I was thinking maybe this was the beginning of a new life. XD Boy was I wrong :'( I have tried a few times in the past 15 years but I find it's better left alone. >;)

So I disagree with you Bambi. I KNOW God is a woman. No man could be that mean. :-S o.O

I used to live with some hope that when the last kid left home there might be a rejuvenation but he's still here at 40 and I see ne hope that he will leave soon. She likes him being here. Maybe just to keep me away. :-S

So with me and Bambi having no sex life, you seem to be doing fine although bb may be ahead of us with her "fan" dango experiences. :-) :-D XD eh Beeb? o.O