I would like to hear what causes bronchitis for it is for 2nd time my son ha the problem with acute bronchitis situation and I would really like to know what causes bronchitis and could it become chronic and also what is the best bronchitis treatment? I wonder if he should be prescribed some antibiotic for this bronchitis has become so frequent and the thing is actually that every time my son was first actually having a simple cold that somehow always turns into bronchitis.

It is more likely that your son's bronchitis is caused by the same virus that has caused him cold but anyway it is always important first to determine what causes your son's bronchitis for it must not be only caused by some virus but if it is caused by some bacteria than some antibiotic treatment is needed for there is a risk this bacterial turns into pneumonia. And yet again the important part of bronchitis treatment - besides some coughing meds and possible antibiotics- is to have rest and that means total rest-no moving at all practically and having a lot of fluids is the must as well as taking lot of vitamins for in general if it the bronchitis cause is not determined than there is a risk of frequent bronchitis that may turn into chronic.