What do you think when bronchitis phlegm is of dark yellow and green color it could be about? I have this ugly phlegm accompanied by constant coughing and the slight fever appeared today I took some anti fever meds and it's ok now but this phlegm –do you think it might be bronchitis or just simple cold phlegm related?

I know that when bronchitis phlegm is of dark and yellow color than it is about bacterial infection so I think you should see a doc for I am positive if it is bacteria that have caused you the bronchitis it needs to be treated as fast as possible for if not treated it might easily turn into pneumonia especially if all these symptoms are accompanied by sharp chest pain and if you stay out of breath and have trouble breathing so I really think you should go see doc and get some antibiotics prescribed. I once had bronchitis and I remember the same colored bronchitis phlegm so I ended up diagnosed with bacterial bronchitis and I was taking Ceftin for 10 days and it is essential to have rest and good nutrition and also if you smoke you better stop with it.