I am 13 years old and I cannot retract my foreskin. At the head of my penis there is only enough room for me pee hole and around half a cm on each side of the pee hole. On the underside of my penis head (the glands I think) my foreskin atached to the head. On the back side of the head the glands or the upside down V there is skin attached to the lips of it (I guesse). The skin that attaches isn't like fully attached it's like a little flap of wing coming out of the foreskin attaching. So, I am wondering if this is a common for boys and during puberty it will loosen up and deattach. If not send me a link to websites or tell me some exercises I can do to loosen up and deattach the foreskin. Thanks

Health Guru
Hi Damian, has your foreskin always been like this or have you only just started to try and pull it back?

No, it's always looked like that but I only started pulling it back around a month ago.

Health Guru
Ok well that sounds fairly normal for someone who has only just started to try and pull there foreskin back. What you need to do is some stretching exercises by pulling your foreskin back as far as you can and hold it for around 30 seconds to a minute as many times a day as you can when you have an erection and you should see improvements in about a month. :-)

Ok thanks I will do that

Health Guru
Your welcome and happy to help :-) If you have any more problems just ask.

Ok I just thought of this but will that also help detach my foreskin from the head of my penis

Health Guru
The strip of skin you was on about underneath your penis head from the urethra opening to the foreskin is your frenulum what every guy has, to help detach it from anywhere else on the head you can always try holding the tip of your foreskin shut when you pee so that your foreskin balloons out when you pee and that will help separate the skin and also help stretch the skin to.

Sorry I thought of another thing instead of pulling my foreskin back for 30 sec or so could I just keep it like that for like 10-20 min as I fall assleap

Health Guru
The more times you can do it through the day just for a short time will work better than just once for a long time because the skin needs to stretch slowly and often other wise it will just keep going back to its original tightness. You can also try getting two teaspoons and slide the handles inside your foreskin either side the head then gently pull the spoons apart to stretch the skin or even do it with your fingers if you can get them in the end of your foreskin.

After I hold it for the 30 sec how long should I wait before doing it again

Health Guru
Just as often as you can but preferably more than just at one time through the day as the skin is like elastic and will just go back to what it was over a period of time.

Health Guru
I forgot to say that when you do manage to retract your foreskin you will find that your glands will be real sensitive to touch and all most painful when anything brushes against it but the more you can keep them exposed the more that sensitivity will go as the skin starts to dry out and thickening up. :-)

Ok thanks and would stretching 5 times a day be ok? And on that rate how long will it be till I can fully retract?

Health Guru
Just do it as many times a day as you can and can't really say how long it will take to fully retract but you should see improvements in about a month. :-)