Im currently "in training" for the British Army - Parachute Regiment. At the moment my training schedule is as follows:

Monday:
AM - Run 3 Mile
PM - Weights

Tuesday:
AM - Hill Sprints
PM - Cycle

Wednesday:
AM - Run 3 Mile
PM - Weights

Thursday:
AM - Swim or Walk
PM - Cycle

Friday:
AM - Run 3 Mile
PM - Weights

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Rest

I need to be able to run 1.5 miles in around 8 mins, easy by most of your standards but for someone that's been stuck behind a desk for the past few years with little exercise that's easier said than done . My current time for 1.5 mile is a very embarrassing 11 min 27 seconds , a friend recommended better shoes (I currently run in old worn out trainers) so i bought a pair of Brooks Adrenaline which im hoping will fit better and improve my running a little.

Getting to the point, Is my weekly training plan good enough to improve my running times quickly? The 3 mile runs i do, im not fit enough to run it all in one without stopping to walk at about 1.5 mile into it.
Should i change the plan from the hill sptints+swim/walk to runs so im running 5 days of the week?

I have about a month (or two) to improve, is getting my time from 11 to 8 mins possible in two months?

ANY tips and advice you can give will be appriciated,

Cheers,
Trooper