I have tight back muscles or at least that is what I think I have. I read about stretching as effective method of relieving the pain in the back. I was wandering if those articles were true. Does anyone know anything about it? I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

You have heard correct information. Stretching is effective in relieving not only the back pain but many other problems related to spine. Daily activities can sometimes cause tight back muscles. As a result, substantial back pain can occur as well as increased risk for back injury. There are several exercises to stretch all of the major back muscles. They can help you in preventing back pain and assist you in reducing back aches you already have.

Back stretches are very helpful and very effective.

This link is for lower back pain stretches video:

and this is for upper back pain stretches video:

Hope it helps!

Firstly Pull the knees into the chest with the hands behind the knees. Try to keep the tailbone on the floor to stretch the lower back.

Hi Thain,
firstly, you have to figure out WHY you are getting tight. There coyuld be an underlying issue and stretching won't help at all, sometimes it can hurt. Issues such as weak internal abdominals are a great example. Tightness may also be due to internal organ issues. So see your doctor first, and then figure out what you need to do.

I am inclined to support this approach. You can try the next. :D :D