I am 39 years old and wet the bed once or twice every month. This has been happening for the last two years. It can happen for two or three nights in a row and then not happen for a long period. I have been to the doctors but there is nothing she can do, she said that this can be caused through stress. Can you tell me what can be the cause of adult bedwetting?

In most cases the cause of bed-wetting is unknown, but it is known that diabetes and urinary tract infections are risk factors and also well recognized that it often runs in families. Check yourself again for infection and diabetes mellitus before considering the possibility of psychological problems and stress-related causes. Bed-wetting that starts in adulthood requires medical evaluation. Cause may include: diabetes, urinary tract infection, urinary tract stones, prostate enlargement, bladder cancer, neurological disorders