Hi, my wife is 34 years old and she is suffering from headaches for a long time. She visited her doctor for several times because of this problem but he told her that she is suffering from migraine and there is not much that can be done about it. I have heard that there is link between female hormones and headaches so I would like to know something more about it.

Hi, I am also suffering from migraine. I am using some analgesics when headaches are really strong and it brings me some relief. I have read many articles about this problem and according to latest information. Genes which are responsible for migraine are strongly connected with production of female hormones. In the same time this is the reason why only women suffer from migraine.

all I can tell you is that there is a link and this is why many women experience headaches when on oral contraceptives. if she takes birth control she should consider trying another brand. maybe she or you should keep a journal and see if the headaches have been linked to a certain time in her cycle or surround a certain stressor everytime it comes up as being an underlying cause. she should consider having blood work done, especially checking her hormones.