Hi, couple of days ago I saw a TV show that was about children abused by their parents. They were verbally abused. All the examples really worried me. You see, I am also a parent and therefore I would like to know whatever there is to know about bringing up children. But now I would like you to tell me something more about parental verbal abuse.

Hi, children depend on their parents. They will listen to them and build their character according to them. Children that are often called names or insulted in any way by their parents will probably develop a poor image of themselves and low self-esteem. The earlier the abuse of children starts, the greater are the chances that this prediction will come true. In the future this will cause inner-critics. As a result, some opportunities in life will be missed because of the fear of failure. Usually, depression also occurs. Parental verbal abuse is present in families where one, or both parents, have experienced the same abuse with their parents. As conclusion, it is very important that you encourage your children, compliment them and not insult them for this can have a devastating effect on their life.