Hi, I have always felt a bit different. Few days ago I read something about Asperger's syndrome. It seemed to me that I had some of the symptoms. I mean I always had trouble communicating with my pears. The eye contact feels strange to me. I am also much occupied with my studies and I always find it hard to talk about anything else. Is this Asperger's syndrome?

Hi, Asperger's syndrome is a milder form of autism. People affected with this condition don't have problems in the early development and their IQ is normal. Social skills are the main domain of the problem. You have described some of the symptoms of Asperger's syndrome. However, this is a very complex condition and the diagnosis cannot be made solely on them. The doctors have come up with the precise method for diagnosis. This method contains six criteria that have to be met for a person to be diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. You can talk to a psychiatrist about your concerns. A professional therapist will be able to run all the necessary tests and confirm or deny your self determined diagnosis.