Hello everyone.

My little puppy is refusing old diet program and he doesn’t want to eat. My sister told me that I should try to feed him with gluten free diet program. I know a little bit about gluten free diet but I don’t know a lot. I don’t know is this a good diet program for my dog or not?

She told me that she is feeding her dog with it and that she is satisfied.

Can you help me a little bit about it?

Do you know what is the best gluten free canine diet for my dog? Should I consult my vet about it?

Tnx in advance.

Hello. Look if she is feeding her dog with gluten free food that doesn’t have to mean that this food is good for your dog. You need to determine why your dog doesn’t want to eat what he was eating before. I am not saying that gluten free is bad food, totally opposite. I can give you some best diets. Remember that gluten free food has to be rated at least with four stars. For example,  Addiction Dog Food, Against the grain Dog food, Blackwood dog food, Blue buffalo family favorites, By nature active defense 95%, Castor and Pllux Natural Ultramix Grain – free. Try some of them.

Hey there.

Millie gluten free is good choice for your dog. I have a couple of choices. I can recommend you Taste of the Wild grain – free dog food. This brand is a number one of many pet owners because it is proven that this food affects positive on your dog’s health.

This food contains absolutely grain – free which contains probiotics and they are good for your dog’s stomach, skin and coat. It also contains natural meats and a lot, a lot of vegetables. Pretty balance diet program, don’t you think so?

I think that a 15 pound bag cost around 24 dollars :)

My dog’s digestive system is not so good. I’ve taken him to the vet and she says he might have IBD. There are still some tests she needs to run in order to find out, but she suggested me to try a gluten free diet and see if it will help. Turns out both humans and animals who suffer from IBDs can’t handle gluten well. And lactose too.

So  I tried this diet I found on the net, it is not particularly for dogs with IBD, it is for dogs who can only eat gluten free food. I’ll find it on my lap top and I’ll copy it here for you.

Sorry, I couldn’t find it. I had some problems with my lap top during last summer and somewhere in November I had to get it reinstalled. I don’t know much when it comes to these things so I wasn’t aware that I will lose all of the information that was in it. :/

And unfortunately I can’t remember the site either.

Anyway, I remember it included preparing home meals for your dog and the only thing you need to check is that the ingredients you use are gluten free. And beware, gluten free is not always the same as grain free.

Well I think that Evo dog canned food is gluten free right? My dog is not gluten intolerant but I believe that gluten is something that is not good even for the dogs who can tolerate it. I also think that it is bad for humans just some of us tolerate it better than the others.

Anyway, try Evo and try Castor and Pollux Natural Ultramix Indulgent Mix (Canned). Check the ingredients but I’m almost 100 percent sure that these foods don’t contain gluten. I’ve been using EVO myself for a long time. I think it’s great, would definitely recommend it.

Dogs are generally intolerant to the certain foods. Especially on gluten. I don’t have any particular diet program that I can tell you because I am feeding my dog with Wellness Core grain free food. I feed him actually with it since he was a puppy. I was feeding him with chicken chow for puppies and later I switched him to the adult chicken when he reached 10 months. I give him half of cups per day and it is ok for him. He has regular stools, no problem with digestive system. Sometimes he snacks some homemade treats.
It is not hard to learn.

Hey there guys. I really do respect your decision when you want to feed your dog with certain diet program but I am not sure why you all insist on gluten free diet food. OK, I agree that it is definitely better than gluten diet (my dogs aren’t on gluten diet either) but I think that any of big decision when it comes about changing the diet program you should not take without consulting your vet first.

Maybe your dog needs to get through a lot of analysis to determine is it OK for him to be on some diet program or not.

Gluten free food is not something you need to check with your vet if you decide to start using it.
It has been proved that gluten is not easily digestible and it is especially bad for both humans and animals with all sorts of digestive problems.
Many animals are gluten intolerant and since the symptoms are subtle their owners never find out about it. When the problem becomes serious that’s when they first discover it.
I am feeding my dog with gluten free food since he was a puppy and I am avoiding gluten myself. I would recommend it to everyone.

I also support gluten free diet. I try to avoid gluten too, but it’s hard for me. So I at least try to buy gluten free food for my dog.

I sometimes make homemade biscuits for him and I use only gluten free ingredients. I  sometimes cook for him when I find the time.

And when it comes to those food brands that you can buy in the local pet shops or drug stores I would recommend Nature’s Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet- it is canned food and I know for a fact that many dogs love it. There is also Wellness 95 Percent (also canned).