Hi, there. My friend practices yoga exercises and she seems very pleased with them. She suggests me to go with her and I am considering that option. I would like to know the purpose of yoga exercises. Can anyone explain it to me in simple words? Thanks in advance. I appreciate that.

Hello, there. There are many varieties of yoga. The main purpose of yoga exercises is to strengthen the muscles and the entire body. These exercises also strengthen the mind concentration. But, yoga is more than physical exercises. For me, it is also the way of life. You learn moral and ethical principles, something that modern man seems to forget. Yoga is divided into yoga for kids, yoga for couples, corporative yoga, etc. I hope you will enjoy yoga since it brings many benefits. Good luck!

Hi Hymie,
Yoga is actually practiced for many reasons. That is why it is so popular. It combines several things, like mind and body, in one style. For me yoga is a technique of relaxation. You don’t really have to know that many poses of yoga to accomplish this. It is good when you find what suits you and you can practice this at home latter. However its main purpose is to stretch the muscles. You wouldn’t believe what you can accomplish with yoga. Are you currently doing any exercise, like cardio or something similar? I would also suggest that you try yoga for at least a month. You will notice some changes in your body in that time and if you are happy you can continue.