I'm 13 and I think I have BV. I'm scared to tell my mom because its embarrassing and I don't know what to do but I wanna tell her very bad! It smells fishy down there and I hate the smell! I don't want to go to the doctor because its embarrassing too, I just want to find a way I can cure this problem at home! Someone please help and give me advice (: thank you

Health Guru
Hi, you don't have to be embarrassed to tell your mum because nearly all woman will have it at least once in there life, just tell your mum that you are having an embarrassing problem down there and I'm sure she will be understanding and know what to do. As for what you can use I think its only antibiotics that will clear it up. Hope you get on ok talking to your mum about it :-)

Why do you think it is BV? These problems can seem embarrassing, but as they are very common, it need not be. BV is quite often associated with sexual activity, so are you sexually active in any way? Perhaps you could say what your symptoms are. What colour is your discharge? Does it happen at a particular time of the month?