If this helps, I've had my period for 1 and a half years I'm 15 and have been having a reoccurring problem since last year. During a period I got kinda itchy down there so I applied some cream and it went away, then a few months later I got that same itch again during my period, except this time I didn't apply any cream.. eventually it went away on it's own. Since then this itch keeps coming back around my period, it usually comes during the middle of a period and goes a few days after the end of the cycle, however just recently the itch never seems to go, it's like it's always there, just stronger during periods. There's also a foul "fishy" smelling odour that is really embarrassing, as well as a usually yellowish coloured discharge. A few days ago I finally went to a doctor and she said that it is either a hormonal thing, or thrush, she said I could come back later and have a swab of discharge taken and examined to see if I have thrush, but I'm kinda nervous about that. I did some research and read about BV which has got me worried that it could be BV and not thrush. Either way, I find it disturbing to have such a foul odour and an awkward itch, does this sound like thrush? And what can I do to stop it? Thank you for help :)Just a note: I haven't had any sexual contact 

Health Guru
Hi guest. You have nothing to worry about as both thrush and BV can be quite a common thing that nearly all woman will get at least once in her life. It is best to go get checked out at the Dr as they can give you stronger medication if it's thrush it will probably just be a cream your apply and maybe a tablet to take or if it's BV they will give you a course of antibiotics to take and that should clear it up the only thing with antibiotics though is sometimes they can upset the normal bacteria that grows in your vagina to keep it clean and cause a yeast infection (thrush) so just keep an eye on things. Hope this helps you hun and don't feel scared about it :-)

Thanks for your help, I'm gonna go to the Dr as soon as possible :)