I have developed a lot of itching, irritation and small boil-like protrusions between my buttocks.

Is it because I have moved to Canada recently from a relatively warmer climate and I wear thermals on top of my underwear and this causes sweating between my buttocks. I think I also made the mistake of re-using an underwear for 2-3 days. I bathe almost everyday, but I simply put on my underwear without drying my buttocks.

What are the remedies?

Wash your anal area with soap and warm water whenever you bathe. Apply hydrocortisone cream to see if the bumps and itching will go away. Put on clean underwear whenever possible.

Hallo,
I am not sure that this is any serious condition and my guess is that this is just from your sweating in the buttocks area. You will have to take care about your hygiene especially in that area because only way for these boils to disappear is to take more attention to your hygiene. Also you could try to use some antibacterial soap just to clean your skin better and avoid any bacterial problems that might occur. Have you noticed any other similar boils on your body, like under your armpit? This is also an area where you sweat a lot so you might have the boils here as well.
I hope this helped a bit