For the past few months I have notice that I began to develop boils on my buttocks when I about to start my menstrual cycle. Lately, they have become more painful than usual. What can cause boils to develop each time I start to have my cycle? I have been using tampons for years now, but I'm wondering if the use of tampons have anything to do with the boils?

I am expierencing the same thing with the boils appearing about 3 days before my menstrual cycle. They are quite painful and leave terrible scars. Im interested in the cause of these boils and if they is any treatment prefferably a home treatment

Sounds like it could be this: hs-usa.org/hidradenitis_suppurativa.htm

HS ~Hidradentis Suppurativa is a disease of the sweat glands, it often appears on the buttocks and worse before your period and susides a little after. Please check it out on the web and see your doctor. Nothing to be scared of just painful and really annoying..

It's STAPH - and will probably return. Google this: TUMERIC - BOILS.
You'll be amazed!

:-D

The above mentioned post is a good start for research, around my period the same thing happens, as soon as i get the start of boils i clean non-stop with witch hazel, put neosporin on the area, don't wear underwear or anything tight, and drink a few table spoons of tumeric throughout the day. the taste is horrible but you get use to it, just don't just too much in one drink, i use a straw so i can drink it faster... still searching for a cure though. i haven't tried birth control pills yet.

In regards to HS being nothing to be scared of, I beg to differ. HS goes way beyond painful and annoying. Imagine waking up every day wondering if you'll be able to walk, sit, stand, or lay down without excruciating pain radiating through your body. Imagine that you discover your lumps have become sinus tracts unhealing open wounds that lead goddess only knows where into your body. Imagine being so tired that you can't even think because your body has been essentially fighting what can be compared to an infection 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for months and years on end. Imagine having doctors who have never heard of the 'disease' and having to attempt to educate them. Imagine the frustration of being told there is no known cause or cure, but hey modern science can give porn stars biggers boobs....go science. Imagine having to have routine incisions & drains just to get a few months of peace. Imagine having a chunk of flesh that is 3 in long x 2 in deep x 1 inch wide removed from your body...and imagine the resulting scars.

Imagine all that and you still wouldn't be able to grasp the horrors of being diagnosed with HS.

The the OP, I suggest you seek the opinion of a dermatologist.

I got the same painful (ugly) things as soon as I hit 40 years old. I found a juice called Limu Plus (all natural). My husband did alot of research and told me to try it. It actually worked! I haven't contracted any boils in two menstual cycles so far. I bought it at yourown.shopvitamark.com

Being a sufferer of this for quite some time now, I had tried everything to no avail - until now...

I've been using the lotion that you buy if you can't get to a toilet to wash your hands - alcohol hand sanitiser with moisturiser - it's antibacterial, kills 99.9% of germs and dries really quickly.

The transformation in my behind is quite astonishing. The skin is as soft as silk, no more spots, blemishes or boils. Probably the alcohol that's helping.

I just wanted to share that and hopefully help someone else gain relief from this horrible affliction.

I suffer this, too. It's literally a pain in the butt. Anyone have any suggestions about how to deal with or lessen the scarring?

Hey buddy,
I can understand your situation because I have also suffered from this situation. But don't panic and just chill. You only have to take the proper care of your boils that's it and it will automatically drain. Proper precaution is must without which there is a chance of re-occurance.

So, just do proper boils treatment and take proper protective measure and you will be fine.

Thanks,

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I am 41 years old and I have had the boils for 20 years . It was after my first child was born. about 10 years ago I quit getting them and for 2 years now they have come back and now im getting them on my breast also. I had to quit wearing under wear because they hurt so bad . mine have gotten so bad they are coming up all month every month . when they get so big I pop them to relieve the pain. And it leaves deep holes. Its like when im active (cleaning, shopping,etc.) 1 or 2 will pop up. I just wish someone could come up with a cure.

I wrote some of this statement in other post.

Boil is a staph infection. It's because of poor immune system. Silver Gel, Staphaseptic (CVS store) and antibiotic cream will work for a few days as many times as you want for each day. You cannot squeeze it out this time. You just have to wait for the white spot appears on the skin. Let it wait for another day to see if it is a little bigger white spot because the good cells are fighting it for you.

You should take a hot shower and spray some hot water on the skin for about 5 minutes - two or three times a day. Don't let the water too hot. Then, you squeeze it out gently after taking the shower or in the middle of shower (not in a bathtub). A bathtub with Epsom Salt will help, but you cannot squeeze it in the tub.

Actually, squeezing is a bad idea unless it is too painful that you want to squeeze it. The real problem is that if you squeeze it CARELESS, some of white stuff (staph) might go back in the deeper skin that make it worse - That way, it will re-boil later. That is not good. But, remember squeeze it properly and carefully. I hope that you know what you are doing. A mirror is helpful... Always keep your hands and fingernails clean before you do it. Staph is a very big issue that you wouldn't want to touch it.

I have been getting boils for about a year and a half now its always just before my period at the top of my legs, theryare very sore and leave really bad scars but they don't have heads and go away after about 3 days

I get red spots on my bottom and inner upper thigh right before my menstrual period every month. They hurt and sometimes bleed, but always go away after that time of month.

I am 30 yrs old and I got my first boil at the age of 18, 2 months after giving birth to my son. I had no idea what it was, all I knew was that I was in a horrifying amount of pain! I ended up going to a doctor who lanced it in the office! Well that was a horrible experience to say the least! After that I did not get another one, until 13 months later when I gave birth to my daughter! Then I started getting them repeatedly, and in the same spot! Five years later I give birth to my youngest, and had such a deep scar on the inside of my right thigh (right in the pubic hair line) that I ended up consulting with a plastic surgeon. I was told that I have HS and the reason I kept getting them was for 2 reasons. #1 was that the actual skin was carrying an infection from the years of repeated boils. And #2 was because I actually had tunnels that formed under the skin. I had deep scar tissue not only from constant reoccurances but also because of the multiple times I had had them lanced! Each time I got them lanced it hurt more and more! Now as I said I have 3 children, and the feeling you get when they insert a needle repeatedly into the infected skin to numb it is right up there with childbirth as far as pain goes! So I did infact have the "infected skin" cut away along with the actual glands removed to help prevent boils there in the future. Well, lets just say that the pain from the surgery was even worse than the pain from the actual boils! Everytime I moved, laying down, standing up, bending over was not an option at that point either! It took about 3 months for the complete healing of the incision from that. Everything was good for about 3 months! Then the boils starting popping up on my breast, under my breast, under my arms, on the top side of my thigh, under my stomach, on the inside of my left thigh (in the pubic hair line again), pretty much everywhere I have hair EXCEPT for where I had the skin removed! So at this point I am horrified because now not only to I have a scar on my right thigh, now I have them pretty much everywhere! It is a total embarrassment, and the pain is unreal! Well then about 5 months after that I started getting boils in the actual surgery site on my right thigh! I was completely devastated by this! To think that I went through all that for NOTHING! And then on top of that the boils were under the skin only because the scar tissue was so thick it couldn't get through! I had a boil there under the skin for literally 4 months before it was actually able to break the skin surface! I have such horrible scars and get boils so bad that I have had to stop wearing underwear (4 years ago) and am in pain every single day of my life! I don't just get one boil at a time, I get anywheres from 3-8 at one time every single month! I have a few that I keep regularly and then about 3 days before I start my period I get a bunch more! I have been in such pain and agony over the last 11 1/2 years that I actually go through periods of depression over it! You do not know what it is like until you actually go through it yourself! So I beg to differ with the person that said HS is no big deal, just a little painful and annoying! Obviously that person has not had to live the nightmare of HS! I have not been able to even use antibiotics for my boils anymore (probably the last 3 years) because they do not even get rid of them anymore! So if this is something that you are experiencing then I can only say that I hope it is not as a sever case as mine, and that I wish you luck! It is a LONG road, and there is no treatment for HS! So basically I have had to accept this horrible fate and know that I am going to be going through this for the rest of my life! As if the last 4,198 days with it has not been bad enough or long enough for that matter!