Hi, I have a question regarding a colleague of mine. I can see that he has a problem of some kind. Ever since I started working at my new job, he drew my attention. He was always sweating a lot. The thing is that he sweats in the area of his head. Beside this, he is also scratching a lot. I was wondering if you can tell me something about these two symptoms: head sweating and itching.

Hi, sweating is a normal process that is going on in our body. By it, the temperature of our body is maintained. There are a very large number of sweat glands responsible for creating of sweat. However, they can be triggered by some events which can make them overwork. High temperatures, spicy foods, physical activity and stressful situations are some of them. Since you have given me little information, I can only speculate what is wrong with your colleague. Judging from the symptoms you have described, he is probably going through some stressful period. Head sweating and itching consist with this kind of problem. In order to have a precise diagnose, your colleague must see a doctor. Maybe you can persuade him to see a specialist who will help him with his head sweating and itching.