I HAVE SORE RED SKIN BETWEEN MY BUTTOCKS, NOT ONLY AROUND MY ANUS. SOMETIMES SKIN PEELS OFF AND BLEEDS SLIGHTLY AT THE TOP OF MY BUTTOCKS WHEN SCRATCHED/RUBBED. I HAVE A PATCH OF PSORISIS ON MY KNEE. COULD THIS ALSO BE PSORISIS OR SOMETHING ELSE

Health Advisor
I know the area is not so comfortable for someone to have a look at it but a dermatologist should have a look and see what's going on in there.

That is a fungus, no big deal.. you eat a lot of sugar?? keep it clean and DRY, don't sit a long time on aplastic chair or anywhere really, that cuts off the air flow completely.. after you shower, dry with hair dryer and wipe with peroxide.. that's what our family ever does..

how long would that fungus last for? i seem to have one right at the base of my spine between my buttocks, about 3 inches from my anus and it is VERY uncomfortable!

Snap! I have had this rash for around 6 weeks now and have nearly finished my second tube of anti-fungal cream from the doctor. It is still there! It seems to look redder on some days, sometimes the skin 'cracks' and it is raw. It itches and feels sore too. Could it be anything serious?? :'(

I also have same condition. When it first happened, i was in the tropics, and this time too i have it returning with my first month visit to Ghana. it seems to me that dampish areas of the body caused by excessive sweating between the buttock lips result in growth of fungi that precipitate this awful cracks.

Did you find out if these symptoms are due to something serious? :?

Did you find out of the symptoms relate to anything serious? :?

sounds like erythrasma to me

Are you noticing other changes such as rash in the palms of hand and feet. You might want to be tested for Syphillis

I have the same thing. It is red, kinda hard, itchy and chapped. I have had this since March, and have been on 2 different anti biotics. The doctors can't figure out what it actually is. It has recently begun to spread towards the anus and female parts. This is not normal and i am going to a specialist to have them look at it. I encourage you to go in if you have anything like this, because I have had mine for 6 months and its only getting worse. It won't just Go away.

I have the same problem for the last 6-8 months, it will heal up and then return and start over. Have you found out what is causing this condition?

I have the same problem and its reoccuring I usually get it once to twice a year, typically when I sleep with a heating blanket at night. I discovered that I sweat excessively at night so it is important in the morning to wash the area thoroughly in summeer. During winter on cold days keep it well moisturized. When it is actively raw using peroxide helps with the soreness and bacterial infection. If you continue to have problems u may want to consult a physician.

It could be Celiac Disease- the skin form called Dermatitis Herpetiformis.

That is where mine started. Typically at the base of the spine, the extremities, but it can occur anywhere on the body.

Gluten is the problem if that is what it is.

It takes forever to heal.

I have had the same issue... my doctor figured out that it was eczema... ask for some steroid cream and it clears it up dramatically by the next day.