I started suffering from anal itch in my early 20's and was extremely embarrassed.  I tried every cream I could find at the pharmacy before finally seeing a doctor who prescribed a prescription cream.  This didn't work and I was referred to a specialist who briefly examined me and gave me a different cream.  This helped a little but I was told not to use the steroid based cream for longer than a week.  I suffered from this condition for nearly 10 years with symptoms ranging from chronic itching, mild bleeding, the occasional haemorrhoid, and most recently unbearable pain.  I saw the doctor who advise that there is a mild tear and prescribed prescription cream as well as suggesting an over the counter cream with less steroid content.  The prescription cream caused the problem to worsen and I was literally screaming in pain.  By this point, I had stopped using my sensitive skin soap and used a lot of water to clean myself (disgusting to some, I know).   My husband told me casually that he had chaffing on his bottom and used sorboline cream and that helped.  After trying EVERYTHING ranging from paw paw cream, change in diet, visiting countless doctors, not using soap, I thought trying a $5 moisturizer couldn't do any half.  I put cream on the area and within 2 hours the pain starting to disappear.  I repeated this for 2 day and by the third day I no longer experienced ANY itching or pain.  This was after nearly 10 years of discomfort.  I recommend this to anyone who is suffering from this embarrassing condition!

Anal itching is a common affliction. If first cure attempts are not successful see a dermatologist - that's their job. My personal experience is that first attend to personal hygiene. Warm water & a little mild liquid soap after every toilet visit. Rinse very thoroughly then dry carefully. Then small quantity of whatever cream has been prescribed or OTC hydrocortisone with anti fungal additive. Sorbolene is very good & very safe - well worth trying. BTW it pays to carry a personal cleaning kit wherever you go, then you van always maintain meticulous hygiene.

I have had this condition on and off for years. I also tried basically everything I could find on the market including some prescription products that contained mild corto-seroids but the problem persisted especially in the summer months. I didn't see any improvement with dietary change either and more diligent hygiene was not universally effective against the constant, burning itch. My solution came from a Navy buddy who recommended an anal itch spray called Fire in the Hole. I thought it was a joke at first but I received almost immediate relief after the first treatment and with daily use the problem has never returned which is a HUGE relief for me because I drive a truck for a living and you can imagine how painful that became. I'll try your idea of a simple moisturizer as well. Seems like a reasonable and simple solution.

Lol, Fire in the Hole!!! That cracked me up!! Nice to see some health professionals have a crude sense of humour!! :)