I've had an itchy anus for about 2+ years now. My doctor tells me I just need to not itch it and wipe more gently after ruling out a yeast infection, hemmoroids, and a parasite. I've noticed recently that my anus regularly secretes a small amount of clear odorless liquid. Not enough to be confused with a stool, and not coming from my bowels (I don't think). It seems to be seeping out of the actual skin of my anus, but I could be wrong. I usually have 1 bowel movement a day after my coffee in the morning. Yesterday I sat on the toilet for a long time after wiping just reading, and before I got up I wiped again just to make sure I'd gotten it all (I'm an avid wiper) which revealed this clear liquid. I hadn't noticed it coming out of my bowels which is what leads me to believe that it's seeping out of the skin of the anus. Also, generally by the end of the day I do notice that there is a decent amount of this odorless liquid built up in my butt crack, and before going to bed is usually when the itching is the worst, so I go to the bathroom, wipe up the liquid, and the itching is better. Up until the recent wiping after sitting on the toilet for a long time incident I just assumed it was sweat that had built up throughout the day, but now I'm suspicious that it's actually seeping out. Any thoughts? I greatly appreciate your reading this & any advice or suggestions, so thank you in advance!

So after doing some research I found what seems to be the problem: Pruritus ani.

Anyone have experience with this? Sounds pretty much dead on. This article says it may take many months of gentle care to improve the symptoms. Damn.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

The most common cause of anal itch (Pruritus Ani) is the continual rubbing and irritation of the sensitive skin with toilet paper. The simple solution is to clean with water, not soap.