Hi - sometimes my fingers itch so bad and become extremely swollen. Last night the itch started about 1:30 am by 2:30 am they began to swell and still itch. I take antihistimine and use ice bags to help stop the itch. This takes about 2-3 hours. After the itching has stopped, my fingers and hands are so swoolen it hurts to bend them. It does not seem to be a skin surface issue but a beneath the skin irritation. What can be causing this?

My dad went to a specialist and come to find out, when we moved to our new house and my dad was doing push ups on the new carpet it was the chemicals on the carpet. It took over a year for him to finally get this issue resolved! His hands were blistered, swollen, red, itchy, extremely inflamed and very uncomfortable.

I have the exact same thing. definitely  not an external source of itching/not atopic dermatitis. Comes from inside! food related, I think, and stress! Lots of threads on this so don't want to post too much here right now.