Once in a while my fingers and hands get extreamly itchy red hard hot and very sore, when I wash my hands with luke warm water it feels like I'm using scolding hot water, it only happens once in a while, just curious to know if this could be arthritis!?!?! Thank you!

Hi there Itisi!

I don't think you need to worry too much about it being arthritis. I used to get it a whole lot when I was a kid.

Might I ask how old you are?

It seems to have a lot to do with varying temperatures. It usually happens, for instance during winter, if you heat your hands over a heater and/or fire and then go outside into the cold or if you wear gloves for an extended period of time and then remove them in a situation where the outside temperature differs to a great extent to that of your hands from the gloves.

I don't know if you have had the same, but I was always taught as a kid (which obviously sometimes I ignored ;-) ), not to stand too close to a heat source during winter...

I will see if I can't maybe find some clearer medical information on it for you, but as far as I know, it's not dangerous...just extremely irretating as I suppose you know all too well ;-)

The best remedy that I had as a child was to use "Aloevera Gel". So any hand cream containing aloevera should give you some relief.

Hope to give you some further answers soon ;-)