My Mom has Alzeheimers disease, mid to late stages. About a month ago she started with the legs jerking. They also jerk when she walks. I am wondering if this is part of the progression of Alzheimers. The only time she does not jerk very much is when we can occupy her mind with something else for a short period of time like letting her read newspaper ads. She also has had neck surgery several years ago and her neck hurts her most of the time and I can only imagine how bad that must hurt her neck with the jerking. We can medicate her to stop the jerking but it also puts her in a dangerous state of almost unconsciousness. Any ideas??
Thank You

Hi there, I think that she may have had a slight stroke or something if her legs jerk like that--that or, she may also be suffering from something like restless leg or parkinsons. Do you think you could have her go to the doctor about this?