i have been so extremely worried this past week. first i worried if i had testicular cancer then through self examination that was a no. then now i worry i have hiv/aids. this worrying all started when i got a simple infection on my scrotum from shaving. i really think im a hypchrondriac but i really wish you guys would tell me if this i got aids from this.

okay me and my friends were joking around with our girlfriends and stuff and i was dared to lick this girls underwear and everything and it didnt look dirty or anything and there wasnt any visible blood on it its just the simple fact of knowing that you dont know if you have aids or not unless you take a test. and im only 14 and i never had sex b4 or anything but this stupid joke has me worrying that i have it. i havent had any signs of having it or anything but im just still extremely worried and nervous. please take the relief off of me and tell me i cant get it this way.

please.

thanks.

-johnny

Johnny,
Calm down. Take a deep breath. You cannot get HIV/AIDS from licking underwear unless there is actual blood present AND the blood is fresh and HIV positive. However, since you are only 14 and have not had sex yet, I hope that I can help you decide to practice SAFE SEX when you do become sexually active. You never know who is infected and wearing a latex condom or abstaining from sex completely is the only way to prevent the spread of HIV and other STDs. Too many people go through life thinking it won't happen to them. HIV/AIDs does not descriminate! PLEASE remember this post when you start becoming sexually active and ALWAYS practice safe sex! A friend of mine's Mom died from AIDs and I am trying to help spread awareness. Hope this helps and good luck.

wow. i cant thank you enough like ive been so concerned about this and actually thinking i was going to die. i will remember this, this whole scared of aids has really made me think of the people who are infected and its made feel so much more sympathetic towards them. im sorry to hear about your loss, truly am. i will remember this and theres no chance i'll have sex without a condom. thanks so much.

-brock