I just had sex for the first time and am worried about pregnecy. I've been off penicillin for 3 weeks but am still worried. My period is also suppose to start but I had sex the day before with a condom. Should I be worried and get the morning after pill??????

PLEASE HELP!!!!

You probably don't have to worry.

If he wore a condom correctly then they are very effective. The timing doesn't work either. The egg is only viable for 24-48 hours after ovulation. Since you had sex 10 or more days after that, it is unlikely that you are pregnant.

Hope it helps.

So what your saying is that because I had sex the day before my period is supposed to start that I have no worries because the egg was not viable during this time???

Exactly.

The egg can only live 24-48 hours without being fertilized.

I also dont think your pregnant. Most women after the first time they have sex they FREAK out literally thinking OMG what did I just do and then they assume they're pregnant. But I mean its not a bad thing most girls/women go throught this. But you have to be careful you dont have a hysterical pregnancy also bc that is the worst. You will worry yourself sick. When was your last period and when is your next one supposed to start and do you remember the day you had sex on? If you can anser these for me then I can help you learn the ovulation calender so you wont be so upset and worried. I hope to hear from you soon and to help you as much as I can.

My last period was December 29 to January 2. Im supposed to get my period January 26 and I had sex on January 24.

Ok if you had sex on the 24th then theres no way you would even be sensing or feeling pregnancy signs yet. But if you dont get your period by the 28th which is in 2 days then take a test and if there was any chance you conceived between Jan 11th and Jan 11th then it will show up on the 28th, which is when you should start again. I hope this helps and keep me updated if you'd like!!! Best of Luck!

P.S. Follow the direstion precisely on the pregnancy test lol

Jan 7th to Jan 11th

Sorry about that.

thank you very much!!! my period actually just started so im happy :-D (never thought id say that)

Congratulations!

Seems odd to say that when you're not pregnant but I'm glad it worked out.

Thanks for the update.

Glad I could help hun. I f you need anything else just let me know Good Luck :-)