I had kidney stone open surgery. I had kidney stone in diameter more than 2, 5 cm. I would like to know if open surgery is normal in my situation.

Hello!
The size of your kidney stone is considered to be a big one. Big kidney stones are considered those that are larger than 2, 5 cm in diameter. In such cases open surgery in needed.
Regards!

Hello there,

I know that you are asking for confirmation about the surgery you needed to go through and believe me your doctor has done the best thing in his case. Since your kidney stone was so large it was impossible to let it pass on its own and this was the best decision.

If you are concerned about the consequences there shouldn’t be any but if you experience any strange pain or anything else you shouldn’t be feeling contact your doctor immediately.

Also you will have to take care of yourself better in the future to prevent kidney stones from coming back. Consult with your doctor what are the best preventative measures so you can apply them. Good luck.