I have heard wonders about this herb from Thailand. I am currently looking for help in coming off of a nasty Oxycontin problem that I attained through failed back surgery and pain managment. Although I have legitimate prescriptions and legitimate pain, I need to get off this stuff. After reading many posts about the pain and ordeal of withdrawl, I am looking for any help at all and any advice is competely appreciated.
Apparently, Kratom can virtually take away the nasty effects of withdrawl and help with pain management. If anyone has tried this, either with or without success, I would love to hear from you. Thanks!

Hey Freaktab!

I was in the same boat as you, i have a chronic pain d/o and was hooked on oxys and OC's for 2 years. Then i decided that i would rather deal with the pain then to feel like a zombie all day. Plus i hated being dependent on a stupid pill! I did try kratom, and i can honestly sayit didnt do anything for my withdrawls. Everyone is different though. That stuff does get people "high" who do not have a tolerance for opiates, so maybe thats why it may help some people.

I have been clean for 2 months now, and i feel GREAT. im in pain alot, but its worth it! I ended up getting suboxone. its a WONDER drug. i was on it for about a week. I didnt experience any withdrawl symptoms!!! and ive experienced them before when i ran out of my prescrition early, so i know how horrible they are. Especially since you have a legit perscip., you should talk to your doctor about suboxone or subutex. i swear to you, it is a miracle drug to people who are dependent/addicted to pain meds.

I hope this help. And just know, you are not alone!

The goal of pain management is to improve function, enabling individuals to work, attend school, or participate in other day-to-day activities. Patients and their health care practitioners have a number of options for the treatment of pain; some are more effective than others.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

GO ON SUBOXONE AS A LAST RESORT. (ive been on it for 4 years...major regret)

Ive used kratom... not so great if you have a high tollerance to opiates. I suggest going to paulas pods... google it. You can buy opium poppies in the natural form. I have used them to help alleviate detox symptoms because they dont get you high and allow for a more mild detox. You can grind them up and then put it in a coffee filter (with coffee) and BOOM: opium coffee that wont get you high, guaranteed you wont feel the effects but it really really helps calm the body with rls, sleeplessness the whole nine yards.