Ive been clean for about 50 days now. I went to detox to get through the first withdrawls. Ive been using oxycontin for 3 years(300mgs aday every day and before that vicodin on and off for 6 years. I doidnt take it for pain buy just to get high. I still cant sleep at all. My joints expessially my knees hurt more than they did when i was clean for a week. Dont have any energy and dont really do anything but sit around because of the pain. My outpatient counsler told me i should get on soboxone because he said if i keep up like this I was going to start using again which i didnt agree with. That was 2 weeks ago and now hes on vacation for a week and i know now i want to be on it becaus i am going to use soon if i feel like this much longer. Sleep meds just make me dizzy and dont help with sleep at all. I just wanted to know if i am still elidgable to get suboxon perscribed or should i methadone off the street? PLEASE HELP

I was in your shoes not too long ago.

I went into to detox for Oxy abuse back in April of this year. I too was using about 300 mgs of Oxy's a day! Because buying Oxy's off the street can be expensive to say the least, if I couldn't afford them I would buy peoples take home bottles of Methadone to avoid withdrawl. As you know living this way gets old REALLY quick....well 3 years SEEMS quick when you spend most of it high...lol. Anyway, when I went into detox they tapered me on methadone of all things! This made NO sense to to since I was abusing methadone regularly! They sent me home after 5 days of detox. I left on 5mgs of methadone and after being home for a day I felt like I wanted to die!!!! The only thing I wanted was to NOT feel like c**p! I didn't want to get high, I really didn't....I just didnt want to feel like sh!t and I knew the only way that was possible was to either take more methadone or buy an oxy! I was so upset because I really wanted to get better and wanted to do the right thing. I knew giving into my thoughts would only make matters worse so I stuck it out for 2 weeks!!! After 2 weeks of STILL not feel well I called around to find a Suboxone doctor. I had a cousin that was on it and saw how it had changed her life for the better. I've been on 6 mgs of Sub a day and feel FABULOUS!!!!! I have absolutly NO cravings for opiates and I have not relapsed once in over 7 months!!! Like you I thought I coulnd't go on Suboxone unless I was in absolute withdrawl. The doctor I go to said it's actually BETTER to NOT be in withdrawl because it's easier to adjust your dose and you won't need as high a dose as you would if you were in withdrawl. The normal dose is about 16-24 mgs a day....I only take 6 and feel great!!! I hope you find a doctor that can help you!!!! I can't express how much this stuff has saved my life.....not to mention my marriage!!!!

I wish you luck!
Melissa

if you have been CLEAN for 50 (FIFTY) days, DO NOT TAKE SUBOXONE.

I just found out that my closest friend had a vicodine addiction. He is recently been prescribed suboxone. What can I do to help him. I have never used anything and having a difficult time understanding the whole situation. I want to help. How??????????????????

DO NOT.......LET HIM TAKE SUBOXONE!!!!! THA WD IS WORSE THAN THE WD FROM DRUGS!!!!! DONT DO IT!!! : :'(

i agree the all nice and fluffy suboxone now try coming off of it!!
it's suppose to be for getting off other narcs not for long term use...

I was on Suboxone for around a year after I got out of treatment for Oxycontin addiction, I was taking around 8-10 80mg Oxycontins a day and I was on about 24mgs of Suboxone, I ended up quitting cold turkey and it was the worst withdrawals I have EVER felt in my life. I'm on the beginning of day 2 from methadone withdrawals right now but only because I dropped a bottle of my methadone this weekend and I don't get to go back until tomorrow. I'm not feeling too bad yet but I'm sure by tomorrow morning I'll be really sick, but thankfully I'll be at the clinic. I took around 20mg of Methadone yesterday morning so I'm hoping that'll hold me through until Monday. I'm on 170mg normally of Methdone. But Suboxone withdrawals were the worst I've ever been through. I cried literally all day and craved drugs and I had the restless leg thing so I didn't sleep for almost two weeks for longer than an hour or two. I like methadone a lot now so far, I've been clean since Feb 09 & have almost been on it for a year. The only shitty thing is being a slave to the clinic but I'm almost on Step 3 so I'll have weekly doses pretty soon!! :-P I just have to make it through today and these withdrawals.