Hi

I'm nearly 40 and I have quite big labia and I was thinking about getting the reduction surgery. I will not have to pay for the surgery, so I thought I might as well have it whilst I can. Has anyone had it - do you feel a lot of pain, where you happy with the results, and if you are in the UK, can you recommend anyone?

My husband is not especially into big labia, like a lot of people it seems, and I would have the surgery if there aren't any significant risks.

Pls help me in my dilemma.

Hey were are you getting it for free, please tell me and l heard it doesnt hurt as much apparently.

Hi, Im 26yrs old and I live in Sydney, Australia. Im having Bilateral Labia Majora Plasty in 2 days and im getting it done for free. Im a little afraid of what it might look like afterwards but I guess if I got to the stage to even consider surgery, then it will probably only serve to boost my confidence afterwards. Anything's gotta look better than this!

Good luck with your decision but my advice to you is go for it! You only live once! I hope I have helped you even in the smallest way.

I just had labia majora surgery two days ago in Beverly Hills by one of the Dr. 90210 doctors on T.V.

I had thin but droopy outer labia lips and it was uncomfortable to ride my bike or do certain exercises or wear certain tight fitting clothes. It also didn't look so great, especially after waxing, when the labia was not hidden by pubic hair.

I'm very swollen right now. The Dr. said that 80% of the swelling would be gone in 6 weeks. 90% in 4 months and 100% in 6 months --- so in 6 months I'll know my final result.

I'm not in a lot of pain, but it is uncomfortable. I am planning on taking a few days off of work and I haven't tried to put on a pair of pants yet, so I don't know how that will be.

I can already tell this will be an improvement eventhough there is swelling.

The cost for my surgery was about $6000.00 U.S. dollars.

i am interested in the surgery because i was raped as a child and my labia is so large it looks like a miniature penis, it is so ugly and i hate my body i am wondering if anyone knows how much this costs and where should i go,? i watch dr 90210 and gary alter specializes in this, i have always been very terrified of male doctors but i am now in my 30yrs and want a family someday thanks for listening.

How did you get it free?

i just had it done 5 days ago. i hope it was worth it. right now, i can only woddle and now both sides are swollen. I'm just really worried about the swelling stretching out the skin, and going back right to where i started. Right now i'm miserable but if it turns out looking better than before i'll be happy at the end.

If you live in EU or US it might be expensive. you can get it done in Yanhee Hospital for about 200 euro + air ticket.

I was about to have mine done soon. hope it will look much better

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hello, im 14 years old. probably the youngest person to get labia plasty surgery. i was so sick of looking down at my vagina and it looked like a penis. my guy friend made a joke "that would be so gross if a girl had extra skin hanging down from their vagina" Thats when i knew it wasn't normal. it bothered me every time i wore tight jeans or pants. So i bothered my parents for about two years to get surgery and now at 14 years old i got what i've been wanting :-) Its been three days since the surgery and its been hurting but it looks so great. Alot of swelling but its so worth it. i'm not embarrassed anymore! My friends don't understand why i've been saying i cant see them. but i wont tell anyone. I've been icing my vagina every 20 minutes and it feels good when I do. Its hard walk and i haven't been wearing underwear . but this morning i woke up and got my period ! Its terrible! Suggestion, do the surgery when your not close to having your period. I have the most amazing cutest doctor too that did a grat job ! If you have kids that are my age or older, and they really want this surgery... Do it ! Its worth it ! It looks beautiful now ! (:

It's certainly nice to hear from a happy labia surgery patient. But I'm having trouble picturing labia that look like a penis. A large clit maybe, but not labia. Did you have a very large clit too? Did they do something to that? Most of them really like to stay away from that and it's hood.

It just stuck out of my lips. My clit is normal size . you cant see it unless you open the vagina lips but the labia was just large and it just hung down and you could see something pinting out of my underwear, thats why it looked like a penis

Ahh I see, it looked like you had one in your pants? o.O

Yes. but it all looks good now (:
But this conversation isn't coming up on the wall where everyone posted things.

Now, its infected and im really scared

Have you gone back to see the doctor? He/she should be able to take care of that easily.