I have elongated labia, which is very uncomfortable for me even while wearing certain clothes. Since in our society there is a specific stereotype what a normal labia should look like, well, mine is not normal and I am ashamed of it. I am thinking about labioplasty procedure, so I would like to know something more on this matter.
I am very grateful for every response!

Labioplasty procedure is relatively painless. Small incisions are made to remove any excess tissue or to even the edges of the labia minora. After surgery, sensation in the labia minora are normal and occasionally enhanced. The results of labioplasty are even aesthetically pleasing labia minora. Characteristic for surgery are following: it is an outpatient surgery, which means patients returns home after surgery, and can resume normal everyday activities. No sexual activities 7-10 days after the surgery. Usually there is no need to be out of work. There are no stitches to remove and typically there is no bruising or is minimal. You can shower the next day (one day after surgery). There is only minimal pain that is mostly gone by the next day and usually does not require any medications. Swelling is mild to moderate and peaks a two to three days then disappears rapidly over the next three weeks.
If this surgery shall resolve you of some physical and mental discomfort, then it is worth it!

NO!!!!! What lousey advise! You can see by looking elsewhere on this site that many women who have that surgery have pain for along time after and reduced sensation, not to mention all the men who LOVE large labia!!! Don't take that risk. There are lots of men for you who will not only accept it they will think its the most erotic thing in the world!!!

I just had this procedure done. About 6 hours ago actually. The pain was EXCRUCIATING for the first hour until the pain killer kicked in. I was in agony. Now I'm fine, but the swelling it really bad. Do yourself a favor and make sure your doc knows what you need in terms of pain medication and have it ready to take immediately after or even before the procedure. I think he may actually have used too little novicane, because it wore off immediately after the surgery. Be sure to do your research!!!! I can't say much for the results yet, aesthetically, becuase the swelling makes it look really scary down there! :O o.O

Do not be embarrassed about this. What's there to be embarrassed about? You're comparing what you look like to what? Someone else's idea of what they should look like? It's BS. If you're having pain, that's one thing. But for looks? Don't do it. I'm a man and I love "elongated" lips. Matter of fact, many men like "meaty" pussies. Don't be ashamed. Enjoy what you have. You are unique.

Keep it the way it is unless you're tripping over them. Lots of guys like it. May need more lube though as they create more friction points.

As a male, I am extreamly turned on by large, dark, puffy, or unusual shapped labia. The biggest non-turn on for me is to see a regular symmetrical "slit"! I also love all breasts, from flat with nice nipples to large natural ones. Ladies, love your bodies, you are the most beautiful beings on the planet!

I think it's the woman's choice as to whether or not she will have the surgery. I seriously want to have the surgery. I know that my man actually likes that I have elongated labia, but I experience discomfort all the time - during sex and also feeling like I have to "adjust" myself, because the friction against my underwear is so irritating.

If it doesn't cause you discomfort it's not a problem. I don't care if mine our stereotypically "normal." I just want to be comfortable.

I had the surgery 7 days ago today. My Gynocologist performed it. Not enough numbing medication was usd, and it was painful; eventhough I took 2 percocet before. I was in so much pain I was in tears. Please do your research and ask detailed questions to your doctor. I had the procedure done on a Friday afternoon. After I got home the swelling had gone down, so my stitches were too loose. I bleed like a hog, blood EVERYHERE, I had to be taken back in and restitched (OUCH!) When I went back for my followup, I was irritated and couldn't urinate because it burned too bad. My doctor phoned on a prescription for lidocaine gel (THANK GOD!!!!) Iam definitely glad I had it, because the vaginal odor is gone, but be prepared, you may be in a lot of pain.

good luck

I am 15 years old and i have an elongated labia and it's so uncomfortable. I've noticed it really jsut this year and it coems outside of my vagine and jsut.. well hangs really, and i'm too frightened to go and see my Doctor about it because it's 'Down there' I feel ashamed to be a woman because of it, and haven't told any of my friends about it, I cry sometimes because when it rubs it causes alot of pain and I can only wear horrible big tight pants rather than nice frilly pretty girly ones. Does anyone please have any suggestions because I am really stuck, Thankyou! :-)

I had this procedure 5 days ego. I am just fine except little or less pain I had next day after surgery and little bleeding. but today still little bleeding. pain is gone. no any pain at all. other then I am greatful about this procedure. do some research yourself.
about this procedure you do not have to worry anything because during surgery you will be sleeping then when you weake up will be done. nothing else.
once again, I am greatful for this procedure, I look great, and I am very happy. now all the time I look in mirror how I look like days and nights because to be very very happy.

Thanks a Doctor gave me this procedure.

I had this procedure 5 days ego. today I am just fine, only I had little bleeding next day after surgery. and now is gone.
during procedure nothing you have to worry about because you will be sleeping then when you weak up will be done. nothing else.

I am greatful for this procedure, I am very very happy, I look great.

Thank you Doctor gave me this procedure.

I am the same age and have the same problem - I don't know whether to be ashamed or not though; I'm naturally...abnormal. Though I have a regular bmi, I have 38DD breasts and enlongated labia. I find the thought of being sexually legal next year quite scary, because I don't know how boys would react to my enlongated labia and unusual bust size compared to other girls I know. I just don't know what to think, though I personally find the thought of surgery "down there" quite...ummm....nerve racking?

The only other problem I have with my elongated labia is pain when riding a bike (lol XD) but as I am only 15 and so not yet sexually active I don't know how it would affect sex. I would like some advice, but I can't exactly go to a doctor or ask my mom where I got it from, can I? :\

My GF has elongated libia lips and i've always wondered if they were a problem to her. So i've asked, she says they don't bother her.

As for "will men be repulsed" well i reakon only if there shallow. I am my GF first BF and so she's never had anyone see her naked. And apparantly she didn't know she was different till i asked if ther annoying, but anyways i'm not bothered at all about them.

They don't effect sex (wellat least for me, don't know about women) and besides toy have more to play with, nice to suck ona nd lightly bite, she rewally likes that.

But if it does hurt you then you should probably go and see some one about getting them sorted, but first look around for more thoughts on the subject. (succesfull operations and unsuccessful ones ect ect)

Hope this has helped some one.

I am 22 years old and have noticed asymmetrical labia since I began having sex. After I would receive oral sex from my boyfriend I would be very sore and swollen, he was learning and was definitely not as gentle as he should have been on the labia... I was learning too(now I know).. but the long-term effects are stretched labia minora(well one side). Over the years it has gotten worse, it's uncomfortable/annoying but NONE OF MY PARTNERS HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT; if there was ever a conversation about it I probably initiated it. Guys don't care what it looks like; they just want some..! I have researched corrective surgery for years and even told my mother about it :$ . As soon as I can afford labiaplasty I plan to get it; I already know which Dr.(A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon) I will be going to and have contacted him, he personally responded to my inquiries and his staff also contacted me, they were great. I can't wait!
P.S. DO YOUR RESEARCH! Find a capable Dr.(I personally like the fact that the Dr. I chose has his own website and is linked to other websites of other Board Certified Plastic Surgeons(popularity)). He has informational literature and videos, as well as, pics(before and after) and an actual video of a real surgery. You will be having surgery on your precious private parts don't neglect the research and end up getting a chop job done; it's not worth it!