I'm an 18 year old female, and I've noticed that one of my labia has stretched. I find that it gets in the way during masterbation and sex on occasion.

I didn't do this to myself, and I'm unsure as to how it could have happened. Is there any way to reverse it?

You will always have it. The only way to get rid of it is by surgery. It's really not that big of a deal. You can't help the way your body grows, that's just how it is. When people hit a growth spurt they will get stretch marks and they can't do anything about those either but apply some cream to help take out the red. Some times life just sucks like that.

There's some really good advice above on this thread.

Your lips are your lips.
There's not much point in worrying about them.
Yes, surgery is possible, but I doubt that insurance will cover this elective, cosmetic surgery.

Besides, if your partner is concerned with the way your genitals look, they are way to shallow. Who cares what they think? It's how you use it that counts.

Good luck.

I am 20 years old and I think I started noticing that my labia minora were getting longer in middle school. It has been a constant hassle when walking because they are rubbing against my underwear and is very uncomfortable. I bet a lot of you guys know what I am talking about. Forever I have just wanted to get them shortened with surgery, but I can imagine what the recovery would be and how difficult it would be to walk after that, much less engage in sexual activity. Here is the thing girls. This is a completely normal thing. you can look at it in the same way as some women have large aereola and nipple and others smaller regardless of breast size...or you have brown eyes but I have blue...I have in arch in my foot and you are flat footed...IT IS ALL THE SAME PRINCIPAL. Unfortunately this just happens to be an annoying and embarrassing trait. The reason why is because often in pornography women with larger labias are never portrayed so all of us who are trying to figure out if this is normal or not are freaking out because we can't find others who have the same. I mean this is not something you can easily just go around and ask your girlfriends Ya Know. I am still self-conscious when it comes to a guy because you are always going to wonder if he knows that it is normal or is he going to think that something is wrong with you. THIS IS BASICALLY SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO FORGET ABOUT. THERE IS NOTHING "WRONG" WITH YOU.

hope this helped

Oh my goodness, I am so glad I found this thread! I've been worried about my Labia minora hanging outside my labia majora and wondering if its normal or if I was somehow broken. (After giving birth to two children it's kind of scary not being able to find any pictures on the internet to explain if its normal or not, as I've only seen ones online in "their place" pretty much)
and yes rubbing against your undies is really uncomfortable!
Im just soooo glad it's normal and not just happened to me. that lifts a huge weight off my shoulder! there should be some kind of exercise to fix it.
but if not then oh well i guess we will have to deal with it. but at least we now know we're not alone =)

Thanks to everyone that commented here. I've been up trying to search for pics of a large labia majora because I thought that I was so abnormal. There aren't any and no one ever talks about these things. Again, thanks!

I don't know of any way to reverse it, short of plastic surgery. But long labia are a mark of beauty, and a BIG turn-on for most men. You ought t be asking how you can stretch the other one, to make them symmetrical.

Be proud of your beautiful labia!

Hugs & kisses

Sandman

I am so glad that I found this. I was very scared that something was wrong with me! Considering the fact that all of the images of vagina's on the internet are very regular, I was almost afraid I was the only one like this. I now know that there is nothing to be ashamed of. I was always afraid to change in front of my friends or even wear a bikini without pants over it because of this. I felt like I was going to have to either go to a doctor about this or go just simply live with it until I could find a cure. After all of this searching, I finally found the answer! Thank you so much.

I am so extremely glad I found this! Mine got like that and i couldn't figure out why! Thanks ppl :-)

I am so glad I found this thread as well, I have been concerned about my labia lip for some time now. I have often exercised the thought of getting plastic surgery because it is irritating rubbing against my undies, and during sex. I also noticed that for it the lip would lay across my other lip and cause a sort of discomfort so I am constantly fixing myself. I have also entertained the thought of somehow stretching the other one, but I do not know how this one became stretched. I noticed sometime last year I believe in June of 2008 or sometime around there. It is nice to know this information that it is a normal thing for it to happen, I just wish it wasn't so uncomfortable.

I am so glad i found this. I am 20 years old and i also noticed my labia getting bigger when i was in middle school. I have always been afraid to take my clothes off infront of guys. My boyfriend and i have been together for 4 years and i never want him to go down on me because it is embarrassing. I know he likes to see me naked, but i hate the way it looks. I especially cant stand how it rubs on my underwear and wearing a bathingsuit in the summer makes me so nervous. I would be mortified if someone saw. I always have thought i was weird. Because no one ever talks about this. It made me feel like i was the only one.
Thanks everyone!!
<3

Myself and many men love large or long labia. They are truly a turn on and make for wonderful oral sex. So love your bodies you've been given and don't let anybody tell you your vagina's not lovely. It's all just opinion and all women are uniquely fine.

what a huge relief! i've been soooo worried about this for years, and i thought i was the only one too! thank you for the info!!!! :-D

Mine have been that way since I was about 9 and I'm 19. I always thought there was something wrong with me but I've learned in the past year or so that it is very normal. I am still very embarrassed of them and am afraid what a guy might say in the future. I'm glad there are other women out there with this discomfort as well.

I joined just so I could respond to this. I found this website that will prove to any of you out there who are upset about this issue that you ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE! So many of us have stretched labias - I too am a member of the stretched labia club. Don't know when I got it or how, but I do. It's just a part of who you are, and only you know if you would feel more comfortable with it or without it. The website is actually a plastic surgery website, but it has photos of other women's labias before and after surgery. I'm not saying that surgery is the answer because it's certainly not for me; I just wanted others to be able to see that not everyone's vagina is "perfect" according to our society's standards. The site is plasticsurgeryphotos.blogspot.com/2007/08/labiaplsty-pictures.html. Hope this helps other women - it made me feel better knowing that I wasn't alone.