I wonder if is it normal that one inner labia is not the same like other, I mean if they are different sizes? And if one lip doesn't have strait edge and is ''thick'', while other is thinner with strait edge?

Yes, that is normal to have labia that has different sizes and textures. The woman labia are individual as each woman is individual for herself: their size, edge, color, texture, shape.... Some of labia are short, thick, and lumpy or ''ruffled'', some are long, thin, and smooth. They could be closed together and others lie apart. The only role to say they are ''normal'' is if they always looked this way. Then this is ''normal'' for you.

Hey , im 15 years old and this problem has been haunting me -- one of my labia is considerably larger then the other .. when my legs are almost closed you can still see it !.. i was considering surgery i just don't know how to approach my parents.. i was looking for some advice.. i guess what make me want the surgery is the fact that there not symetrial @ all. im not sexuallyactive because of this, and i can't have a relationship because im to embarassed of what my partner will think when we go to do anything ..

This is ok and your man won't care if one is bigger than the other. Men, like me, like them protuding. Don't worry about this!!!

MY DAUGHTER HAS THIS SAME PROBLEM. SAME AGE AS YOU. SHE HAS BEEN TO 5 DIFF DOCTORS WITH 5 DIFFERENT DIAGNOSIS. HERS ONLY EFFECTS ONE SIDE AND IS WAY LARGER THAN THE OTHER AND IT EFFECTS THE INSIDE LABIA. IS THIS HOW YOURS IS? ITS BAD ENOUGH THAT WE ARE ALSO CONSIDERING SURGERY. YOU ARE THE ONLY OTHER PERSON I HAVE FOUND THAT EVEN SOUNDS SIMILAR.

I'm 15 too and one side of mine is larger and a bit stretchier then the other. i was afraid to be sexually active because of this as well. i know how you feel but after going out with guys that you know are comfortable with you, they dont care. SO DONT WORRY! its normal for it to be different sizes and whatever. best of luck!

-Alicia

Hi. I have this same problem but it wasnt like this always. im turning 15 in like 2 weeks and i started 2 notice this when i was 12. are u sure it's nothing to worry about like cancer? Im just kinda scared I had never heard of this problem from anyone else.

Don't worry, asymmetrical labia are perfectly normal. It's also normal if you have an "outie" (inner lips protrude) or if you notice a texture to your skin, somewhat like "granules" under the surface. I am 19 and have been with two people: neither have ever complained and one even remarked "oh, one's longer than the other.. that's so cute!" Don't go for surgery: you risk severe bleeding, deforming scars and almost worst of all, severing nerve endings.

Hi,I am 26.I didn't have asymmetrical labia minora before.But after becoming pregnant,I noticed this problem.Now I am running 28 weeks of pregnancy and I found my left labia bigger than the right just about 1 month back.I don't know whether it is normal or not.Can anyone help me?

thankyou guys for being so open, i finally feel like i am normal in these regions. i have always felt reluctant so have the lights on during sexual activity, but now that i have heard that some guys find it quite attractive, i will not be so reclusive about it!
Cheers
x

I have the exact same thing, I'm 31 and first noticed it when I was about 12. One side is huge and kinda curly, and it protrudes even when my legs are together. It's SO not a problem and no man has ever mentioned it. My current boyfriend even loves it! So please stop worrying about it, physical perfection really isn't the be-all and end-all!

THANKS!!, OMG I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!! i thought i was the only one :D , this has brought my confidence level up way more, now im not so scared of sexsual activity! :D

i asked my boyfriend if he thought it was attractive that my right inner labia is bigger and sticks out when my legs are together. i also found pictures he took of his ex's vulva. he thinks that his ex's with the normal labia sizes is more attractive. i told him to stick it. but i'm still a bit upset. why do we women do this to ourselves? do you have any advice guys?

wow. so many topics about this. Now trust me i completely understand your concerns because i was the exact same way. I have puffy outer lips, extra skin around my clitoris and my labia minora was HUGE on one side, then the other side hangs out a little bit but i wasn't exactly worried about it. Now if you're considering surgery, let me tell you i had it done (on the large side to make it like the other one), there's no severe bleeding unless you have an unexperienced doctor and even in that case i dont know if there is, the scars are not noticeable and there is definetely no nerve damaging. I even asked my doctor and he told me these are not outcomes. The labia minora doesnt play much part in the sexual "feeling"....so my advice is this...apperantly labia minora is very common from what i hear online. Learn to love yourself and if you can't, look into surgery...if you can't afford a plastic surgeon go to a gyn, even if insurance doesn't pay they'll do it cheaper then plastic surgeons...Also another thing the way the vagina looks is a sex issue because you're embarrased of what your partner may think of you....now if you're with someone you love and loves you i guarantee you they won't care...if you're having sex with someone who DOESNT love you or who doesnt care about you...then you shouldnt have sex with this person in the first place.... overall i understand your concerns because even AFTER surgery (although i only had it on one side)...i feel ALOT better then before but im still not 100% happy with it and even if i wanted to do another surgery i don't think my insurance will pay for it....but at least its way better then before and im happy about that. If you have the chance to do this surgery, i highly recommend it. You're asleep during it and the next thign you know when you wake up it's all over and done with....anyway girls hope this helped a little...good luck everyone =)

thanks so much! i am 15 and have the same problem but i thought it was just me..but i guess not! now i feel more secure with my self knowing thats its normal!! well thanks again!

devon!