im a 15 yr old (virgin) i have very big inner labia and i hate itso much. They are even, but are sometimes very uncomfortable. Its been like this for all my life and becoming an increasing problem. I hate to look at myself because i think theyre disgusting. They come down further than the outer labia. Im too scared to have a boyfriend because of embarasment of him seeing it. i dont want to ever have sex. its starting to take over my thoughts.

im the exact same! all i think about is how frustrating it is and how much i want to change and wat guys will think about it..wen i was with my bf i always had to take his hand away because i was too ashamed..now i dont want to date any guys because of it..and i hate wearing bikinis or changing in front of my friends..its taking over my life:x....apparently wen u get older men like it so thats ok but i jus wana know about teenage guys mostly..nice to know im not alone though..im just 15 too

Jane and Bubbles:

As a licensed health-care professional, I can tell you with expert confidence that “larger” and/or longer inner labia are much more normal than you can imagine. Unfortunately, many young females have at one time or another seen other nude “sexy gals” in magazines or elsewhere who have seemingly picture-perfect inner labia that are very small and symmetrical, which gives far too many young girls the false impression that larger, longer labia minora are not normal and unnatural, which is not true. Furthermore, every report I’ve ever reviewed regarding how young men feel about larger labia minora reveals that far more young men clearly prefer a female with larger labia minora. Lastly, as a male, I firmly agree with the scientific editorials and publications regarding how much more sexy female anatomy with larger inner labia truly is. Most men feel this way; therefore, relax and hold your head up knowing you are more desirable.

i am not just saying this to make you two girls feel good about yourselves, but most men really do prefer a large labia minora. some guys might joke about a women's labia, calling them "beef curtains" etc, but i can assure you, they are a real turn on for most boys/men. i always get upset when i see young girls and women getting surgery to reduce there labia. the before and after pictures are usually tragic. many go from having a esthetically pleasing vagina, to a red, scared, child like vagina. it's insanity. trust me girls, most boys/men will love your "over-sized" labia minora.

I am replying because I am a 36 year old woman and for many years I was embarrassed and ashamed of this. Trust me, as you get older, you will find that men find this very attractive. My boyfriend absolutely loves this feature about me and says he has always wished he could be with a woman with them. I am so glad I never had the surgery, it isn't a defect, it is a natural enhancement. Love your body.

im 15 and im the exact same, the thing is, i have a boyfriend and i'd love to be able to have sex with him, i have never let him see my vagina. seeing as he's the same age i duno whether to tell him or do it and hope he dont see or notice, but ive been with him for a while and time is runing out for me

Girls large protruding labia (minora) are perfectly normal. Labia are like breasts, feet, ears, etc, they all come in different shapes and sizes, some big and some small. I believe that the average bra cup size for a woman is 36C, but A and J cups are perfectly normal, similarly with small or large labia, they are all normal. Additionally, they all vary in size from one side of the body to the other. Many men admire large labia as there is more to love :-)

i'm also 15 and have this same thing, but one side is a little larger than the other is that also normal???

you have nothing to worry about. Many men, myself included, love sucking on a big labia.

I am a male plastic surgeon, originally from California, now working all over Europe! I specialize in breast and vaginal reconstruction after injury, cancer and so on, I am one of the few surgeons in the world that DISCOURAGE women from breast enhancement (enlargement) and "trimming" off what they consider excess labia minora!! To all the women/young girls out there, please STOP obsessing over your labia - there is no such thing as a "normal" labia, as what you see in porn magazines are airbrushed/photo-shopped to look the so-called "perfect"! Who are they to judge what a labia should look like? In my eye as a surgeon who sees thousands of breast/vaginas, etc., I am sorry ladies, but I like what the creator gave you, not what some magazine says you should look like! All labia are going to vary in size, shape and color - if you continue to obsess over the size, shape, etc., I seriously would recommend counseling, psychological or psychiatric treatment!

You are perfectly normal, irregardless of what you think your labia should look like, or what some selling porn magazines thinks! Be happy with what you have been given - all women are beautiful in their own way - so please stop obsessing over what you think is the normal labia - YOU are what the normal labia should look like!

And for all the 15 year-old girls on this forum - STOP, STOP, STOP your frightening thoughts! You are scaring this surgeon! And also PLEASE stop thinking about sex at 15 with your boyfriend!!! Think about finishing high school and staying a virgin until the time is right for you! A young girl of 15 said her time was running out!!! OMG - running out? What, you have to lose your virginity by what - 16? And to put it into simple, common language....stop worrying about your p***y! You will be fine, stay safe, don't get an STD at 15, don't get pregnant, finish school - I have operated on over 10,000 women...and all their pussies are "normal" and I NEVER do labia reduction surgery! DANGEROUS! Thank you to the 36 year old lady that is happy with herself - my God ladies...talk to these young girls - they could be your daughters!!

BTW, my fiancee has larger labia minora.... and they are absolutely gorgeous!!! Take Care...Dr. M

ok.sori if this doesnt help or make u feel beta but down here in africa.gaaaalll having large and long labia z one thing men look out for.our grandparents give herbs at like the age of 11 to start pulling those things my dear;so i think ur lucky.they need to get as long as half your fourth finger....and during sex they just pleasurize the whole thing.so in boarding skul people just get into private circles and pull minoraz to sheer length.i think ur blessed.(well in our african setting)..n if men get to study ur that rich down there.i dnt kno how many vibes u wd get in a day of ppl wanting to date u.UR REALLY BLESSED.just feel good about the whole issue bcoz ur one in a million ov thoz endowed.tk cr.

I have the same thing but only on one side and its itchy and uncomfortable so i dont think thats normal because if feeling irrated and sad and mutant is normal then god help me im only 13 and im in agony!

omg i have the exact same problem, and i'm the same age as you! i keep wondering if i should talk about this to my best friends, who have all had boyfriends and done some stuff whereas I haven't but i'm too scared to tell them..do you think it would be a good idea, and how would i talk to them without it being awkward. i just wanna have an open girl talk with them about it you know but its kinda weird. i'm confused as to whether i shuold believe all the guys on these forums who say that protruding labia minoras are hot, as i have feeling this doesn't really resonate with boys my age :S. it kinda sucks cus that means i'll just wait to have a boyfriend til i'm older..and i feel like im missing out.

BTW Guest who is 13 above me, trust me i know how you feel!! i've always been annoyed when it gets irritated and one side is slightly bigger than the other, at times it would irritate me SOO much . just try to find some strength in yourself because it will stabilize as you get a little older (im 15 now) and will normal.

but yea i am worried about what other people, especially guys, think about this. it hurts me to hear things about people calling it a "beef curtain' and whatnot and it makes me wonder if any of those guys who said they find it how are actually being truthful...

omg i have the exact same problem as everyone on here. I am 16 now, still a virgin and i have always held back with lads because of this. I wouldnt even get into kissing too much, as i would always be worried about where it could end up and what they might expect, and i didnt want to be a tease. It came to the point, when i was alot younger and didnt know what they were and i got very depressed i was considering just getting rid of them myself (i know how stupid that sounds but i was very young and didnt really understand what they were, all i knew was i didnt like them and i wanted them gone).

Anyway i had this problem for years, but tried not to think about it. Anyway one day it got me realy down, as all my m8s had started being more 'experienced' and i was too terrified .. but i really wanted a serious relationship. Anyway i was with my very best m8 one day and i got really upset and opened up to her, told her everything, even though i couldnt tell my mum. She was very nice and understanding about it, although she admitted that she didnt have the same problem as me, she was very understanding. I would only reccommend doin this with one very very close friend, or not doing it at all. The only reason i did this is because i know i can trust her completely, and she would never judge me.

Anyway i did my research, looked up surgeries and as you all probably know they are very expensive and have bad side effects. Then i looked up these forums, to see if other people had the same problem as me, and also i suppose to find out how men felt about the whole thing, cuz i suppose thats our main problem and its why were all here, apart form if your gay, but then im guessing you wouldnt have this problem as another girl surely wouldnt mind :/ x

Anyway, from what i have gathered most men appear to like it, i mean i can sorta see why as.. from what they have said it is better for oral sex, for both him and you and i suppose its the same thing like women like bigger penuses, cuz theres more to play with and stuff :/ x
anyway from what i have found out there are sites actually dedicated to this sorta thing for guys to look at :/ so im guessin its more attractive to them than it is too all us girls :/ x
I am still a little insecure about mine, but in my opinion its not worth the surgery, not until you have experience anyway .. and see what happens, high school boys are always gunna talk trash like that, but it just shows their immaturity towards sex doesnt it. They dont know what real women are like, so they musnt have had much experience.
As far as I can tell, if you wing it and act like it doesnt bother you, and if you act pround of your labia, even if your not, a guy is hardly gunna turn round and go 'ewwww whats that.. :/ ' cuz if you show that its normal they arent going to know that it isn't and its better for the both of you anyway, so he shouldnt complain.
I hope this helped people, im sorry if it doesnt xx

my girlfriend has a long labia minora, and i love licking it. i think it is sooo sexy.