i am a 16 year old girl, who has inlarged labia lips.
i've had it from a young age (so its not something i have just thought of over night and have just decided to have it done in a matter a weeks) and its always been a problem!
my ex's have found it a problem, and i hear my friends take the mick out of women with it, and it makes me feel sick knowing i have it to but cannot tell them as they will just laff.
i have researched many places, and looked at many before and after photos, and realized it's definitely a route i would like to take.
i have spoke to my mother about it and she believes if it brings me down and it is irritable to walk and wear clothes she agrees with it.
but how old do you have to be? i cannot find one website that will tell me.
(p.s if u have had it done, can u please just reply with a few tips on how it went and what happens, also who u saw,)
with much thanks .

heya
i am in exactly the same position as you (but im 17)
me my friend and my sister were talking about a programme called "the perfect vagina" and they were laughing saying "it was so long"..."she must have been a slag" etcetc i felt awful
im not really sure what age you can get it done tho :-(
but i watched a pragramme about it and im sure one of the surgeons had a patient who was young
its probs about 16-17 or whenever the doctor feels you are ready

im glad to have found someone who feels the same

have u had it done yet?
i really want it and went to the doctor and she said its normal..byebye
but it keeps bothering me so i spoke to my mum and she said that i can see a different doctor and if they wont do it on the NHS then we will save and go private

write back
xxxxxxx

Hiyaaah, I've just been reading your post's and i am again in the exact same position, i am 17 years old and have researched on having my labia reduction. I found the best place which made me feel comfortable and i spoke to them alot, however they cannot help me until i'm 18 which is really bumming me down. I think it is neccessary to do it before this age because i am constantly uncomfortable and i wish doctors would take this into account. Also to let you know that it's not free and is quite expensive however have a look at 'The Harley Medical' they are a plastic surgery company who let you pay monthly to pay off your treatement which is what i'm willing to do, but the only let down is i have to wait till i'm 18 which is killing me cause i'm not till August. I'm so scared to even have sex with someone cause i think they will laugh it's a horrible feeling and i know exactly what your going through. My friends all laugh at that programe 'The perfect Vagina' it makes me feel soo small when they laugh. I talk to my mum about it all the time and i have also been to the doctor who told me it was perfectly normal, it's soo hard and i wish i never had it :-( write back.. it's nice to talk to people in the same boat!!

xxxx

Unfortunately i am still 15, however have had this problem for about 3 years now, i know you can't get it free on the NHS you have to go private, and in the clinic i am going to it is going to cost me £3,200. So quite abit. However i still cannot find if i have to be 16 or 18, i know in England at 16 you can legally sign for yourself for injections ect.
I know it is normally a one day job, and you can be discharged the same day, healing should occur within 6-8 weeks, and you should avoid sex for this whole period, and you should wear sanitary towels as a hygenic method to collect the small amounts of blood.

i am 16 to and really want labia reduction.

i too embarrassed to talk about it to people i know though. the girls at school all make comments about people with 'big lips' and stuff and like at that perfect vagina programme.. and plus all boys apparently like a "D.V" so its a bit cringy when it comes to the bedroom :S.

i get really irritated by it when i wear certain clothes and cannot wear lace pants!! grr :|.. also i find it painful when im on my period, using tampons and stuff

but there are people who have had it dont for free on the NHS which sounds good and im not afraid of surgery but i dont know how to go about it ? please help if you know.. xx jen

I have been reading all the posts, and i am only 13 & i have a large labia. It even bothers me at this age. I asked my mom about getting the surgery but since some of the posts say that you need to be like 16 or 18, i guess im going to be uncomfortable for a long time. Going through high school will be very embarrassing. It looks like a have a baby penis when im just in underwear. Also, with my enlarged labia, sometimes i get a lot of V.D.C. I really want it fixed, but i cant find any places to get the surgery done.

i have just come across this site and im really happy to know we all have the same problem, i too am looking to have a reduction done and with all the websites they say its cost between £2500 and £3500 and i just havent got that money i am going to my gp and asking about getting it free on nhs if any of you know how if its possible or if youve had it done write back to me :-) ty x
T.P age 15

I wonder if any of you paid any mind to each other's ages?
You are at an age when you focus, perhaps unconsciously, all too much on your appearance.

If it brings you bodily discomfort (I'm 20 and I personally can't ride a bike), I understand your concern.
If you think it's ugly...
Seriously, ladies.
Proper guys don't give a wack. And you don't wanna go around seeing guys who are not worth your while, right? A proper guy loves you warts and all.
I think the best way I've ever heard anyone put it is "If your boyfriend doesn't like your nose, do you run off to the surgeon to have it remodeled? If not, why would you do it to your vagina."

And know there can be serious complications.
I talked to a woman who has been in endless pain ever since the operation, and had her labia entirely removed-- which is bad.

i am 16, and also concious of my labia. I hate talking about it and can't even confront my mum about it as i'm too embarrassed. I have a boyfriend and we have had sex, but i am very concious and have never let him see my vagina properly and it's very distressing. I've researched the operations you have mentioned, but the price range is very high. but surely if there's plenty of us that have this same problem, it's not that much of a big deal? i'm so unsure as to what to do, and would like some advice.

*reply to all* You ladies are not alone. The youngest girl I have seen have a Labioplasty or Labia reduction (reducing the size of the inner labia) was 13. What happens is at the onset of puberty your labia, like breasts, will begin to grow. Some times the labia begins to cause discomfort and pain due to its size and constant rubbing with clothes, exercise, etc. It is not uncommon for this to be corrected by surgery. However, be sure that you are not doing this to "fit in" or for approval. Talk with your mother or with an adult you can trust. Also seek a trained expert in this area to learn if you are actually a candidate for a labia reduction.

Omg i'm 17 and i have the same problem too. i recently JUST let a guy go down my pants and i have never had sex and am too scared to have a boyfriend. Its really affecting my life and im so relieved that other people are experiencing the same problem (not that i'm glad you girls are miserable about it too but you know what i mean). I'm the ONLY virgin out of all my friends and people bother me about it.. i mean i just graduated a virgin. I tried talking to my mom about it but all she did was get pissed off at me and left me bawling my eyes out in my room. i had sent her an e-mail becuase i was waaaayy too nervous to talk to her about it since we dont have an open relationship about things. she's the only person i've told and i even regretted that. I can't tell anyone or i'd feel like a joke. I live in canada so i dont know how or if i can get that "NHS" thing but life is so much more difficult trying to save up for so many things at once ( school, insurance etc etc) and now i have labia surgery on my plate. UGH

I've got a large clit hood.
Its just abit pronounced, if you know what I mean?
It doesnt cause me any discomfort whatsoever but I got through phases of being self conscious about it.
I've seen others vaginas with large lips which I think is completly normal but I havent seen any with a large hood.

I just wondered if anyone else was in my position?

I think you might have to be at least 18 for it, legaly, to say the least.

Why is it that the labia minora are considered to be skin and NOT mucous membrane?

hiya, im 15 and have a long labia on only one side of my vagina, im at the stage where me and my boyfriend want to start doing 'things' to say, we want to start becomming sexually active, but this really holds me back, i get so embarrased, i know he loves me, and has stuck by me through everything, he's a decent guy, but its my self-confidence, so its not like the nose thing, its how good you feel about yourself, and for me thats so low. My mum says that its normal and i know it is, but with the coming age of tech every guy seems to want a tight porn-star like vagina, and it makes me feel so low. %-)

im 14 years old and have the same problem :/ im a dancer and its so hard to wear all the tight little clothes its not fair all my friends make the comments like "saggy vaginga" and stuff like that i feel like im alone i dont know how to talk to my mom about it but id really like to get it fixed any tips? ://