Hi, I`m 43 years old, farsighted and considering laser vision correction. So, I was wondering about Lasik, what result (visual) can I expect? Will I need glasses after Lasik treatment? Can Lasik correct reading vision difficulties? Will I be able to see immediately after the procedure? Can I go blind after Lasik? And... is it painful?

Hi, Lasik could improve your distance vision, but will also increase your dependence on glasses to read – so you will have to use your glasses for reading or to see up close. About reading vision difficulties, or presbyopia, there is no FDA approved laser treatment for that (at least I think so – a friend told me that Lasik got an FDA approval in 1998. but not sure about that). So, the treatment of reading vision difficulties is still in the field of experiment. Lasik procedure takes some 5 min. for each eye and you vision will be blurry at first, but will improve for some 2 or 3 days. The procedure is performed with anesthetic, but you may feel some sort of irritation after Lasik. The risk is something involved in all procedures, and you could end up blind (but not likely).