Hi I started taking 5mg of Citaopram for an anxiety disorder 1 month ago and my period is now 10 days late I am usually very regular and I have done a pregnancy test which was negative could there be a connection with these tablets and the reason for my period being late?

Hi there! I've recently started taking 10 mg of Citalopram and my period is late as well. I also took a pregnancy test because I was worried and it came out negative!

Hi, I've been on Citalopram(Celexa) 20mg for over 3 months. My first month, I missed a period. It came 54 days later from my last one. I told my OB/GYN about it and the meds I was taking. I've been seeing her about someother things, but when I mentioned that she advised me to go get some blood test(which I believe is due to my other reasons for seeing her, plus this new development...in case it's part of the other reason and not the citalopram)
I'm waiting for my next period, and it should have happened a week ago, but I have had it be late before taking Citalopram. I have also been ill this past few weeks, so that also is probably a factor. What I haven't done, is told my therapist, the one who prescribed Citalopram. I intend to make an appointment on Monday!

I have been taking 30 mg of Citalopram for about 3 months now and am late on my period this month as well. I also have always had a very regular cycle. Took a pregnancy test (3 of them actually lol!) and all have been negative.

I have been taking citalopram for 3 months and this is the first month I've missed my period...now 7 days late...today I had a small bleed but was done in an hour...nothing more. What is this pill doing? I am 45 years old and am always spot on same day each month.