My last period started on January 31st and it is now March 19th. I am 21 years old and never had a late period before. I have been feeling sick, lower back pain, bloated, and having (clear) discharge. I was also achy in my lower abdomen for a couple days.
I went to the Dr. on wednesday...my urine test came back negative and I was checked for diabetis and tyroid problems but everything came back ok. they had me come back friday to give more blood to do a pregnancy blood test, but ended up telling me they had enough blood from wednesday when they did the tyroid test....
so now it is monday, and they say the test came back negative....
So, I ask the nurse, what am I supposed to do now, she said she would call me back, soooo she never calls, so I call her and she says she is faxing over a prescription to my pharmacy for birth control to take for three monthes to try and get my period regular...WHAT?!?!
First of all, I have never had a pap smear before....you would think hed wanna check that all out....Second, this is the first time my period has been irregular.
I think that is odd because I think he would want to check me out and because I have never had an irregular period before.

I was wondering if there was a possiblity i could still be pregnant?...if not, does anyone else think it is odd for my doctor to give me birth control with no checkup? %-)

I would suggest going to an obgyn doctor about this, if you havent had a pap smear, you probably need to have one done, to see if something else could be causing you to have a late or missed period...My opion if it has anything to do with down there, I always see my obgyn, I just believe that they know more about this stuff that what a regular doctor would know...They just mostly deal with cold and flus stuff to that nature...

Late period and negative pregnancy test usually go together when you are dealing with some disease or health issue. Maybe you have some side - effects from those pills that your doctor prescribed to you.

Anyway, a lot of things can cause this. My advice for you is to, no matter what, visit your doctor and tell him how do you feel. Before you do that, take two or three days and observe do you have any symptoms at all.Cold can cause this as well, I agree but to be sure you need to do so many tests and analyses as well. You need to find the cause so you can heal it. 

Hey I am the same way right now, i have never missed a period i was always on time every month. My last period was Nov. 18 2007 and it is now Jan. 24 and still no period. Iw ent to the doctors the other day and the urine test said neg and took a blood test and said neg. The doctor told me to take prenat. vit. and provera to make my period come. Im 21 yrs old to b and im very concerned. I have no pains no nothin just pregnancy symptoms. Whats up with that. Im so nervous I really hope that there is nothin wrong with me. :-(

Hey there everyone.

My last period was on the 26th Dec'07 and its 27th Feb'08 and they are no way near. Its been 64 days!!

I did a Home Pregnancy Test on 25th Feb and it came negative.

I haven't been to a doctor yet. My appointment is on 7th March'08

I dont feel pregnant. There are no symptoms at all as in morning sickness and bla bla but the more I think about what is going wrong I feel I may be pregnant.

If anybody been through this situation please suggest me something.

ok so my periods have always been irregular. my norm is 40-45 days. but we are on day 64 i took a prego test 10 day ago negative. I dont know how long I should wait to take another or call my doc to see whats going on. We have been trying for 4yrs to have our 2nd child. I have PCOS so it is very difficult for me to concieve. :-(

I've read up on this and I'm in the same boat. I's been 7 weeks since my last period but I don't feel preggers neither do I feel like I'm gonna get my period anytime soon.
all 4 of my urine and 1 blood test came back negative....I've read about this hapeping to someone else and she was asked ot do an UltraSound as the first option and they found out through the US that she was 8 weeks preggers...guees the hormone levels in her blood weren't high enough....hope this helps....

Hey, i totally understand what everyone feels like right now. i have taken three home tests all negative. went to the DR. the urine and blood tests were negative as well. I have never missed a period... ever! im 10 days late. I made an appt. with my gyno to see why this is happening. I had a gut feeling i was prego. i have been trying for 4 months now. i hope to get some logical answers.

I am kind of in the same boat i have a gut feeling i am pregnant and some symptoms but I have never missed a period and i am now 2 periods late. no cramping or anything not even the slightest spotting. I have done 7 at home pregnancy tests and like 3 came out invalid and 4 said negative. so with this stress i went to the hospital for a blood test and it came out negative. when i got back from the hospital about an hour ago I started doing research online to see if there were other women out there with similar issues. I have found that it is not as uncommon as i thought for women to have negative blood test results even if they are pregnant. I even read one story where the woman had 6 negative blood test and then on her 7th came out positive. if you have been keeping up on your periods as i have to find out when they are supposed to come then maybe you are pregnant.

Hello, I've never posted on a forum before but I have been searching for weeks to find people who have experiencing the same as me b/c its driving me mad! I wonder if anyone has any ideas whats going on. I have decided that if my period has not come by next month I will go to the docs.
Anyway sorry to go on..I had my last period for 5 days on the 9th of January and since then i have had nothing, except yesterday and today experienced a little light brown discharge. I have taken 2 hpt a few weeks ago tht came bk neg so ive not bothered doing another. I have being experiencing the weirdest sensations in my lower abdomin, sometimes on just one side. Also low back ache:-( I have also been ever so tired lately but nothing like nausia so not seriously considered being pregnant. Saying this my boobs do feel bigger and heavier..oh im just so confused. Any ideas would be most welcome :-)
(oh i am not on the pill have been off it for a few months now,using condoms and my periods are fairly regular I have NEVER missed a period and I am 21.)

:'( Hi Everyone,

I am 27 years old have never been pregnant & never missed a period. My last period was Feb. 10, 2009 and still no period and not spotting. I did get my normal period symptoms but it didn't come. For the past few weeks I've been experiencing hot flashes, mood swings, excessive thirst, bloating and alot of gas. (Sorry)...4 negative home test, and finally went to the hospital cause i had an anxiety attack and blood test cam out negative. I made an appoint with my gyno to see whats wrong with me.

I feel pregnant but im really not sure. Good luck to all. I will post soon.

WELLL IM KINDA HAVIN SOME OF THE SAME PROBLEMS BUT MY PERIOD DOES COME LOL BUT NOT LIKE ITS SUPPOSED TO IT WILL COME ONE MONTH THEN IT DOESN'T COME FOR LIKE 2 OR 3 MONTHS.....I AM MOODY. I GO FROM HAPPY TO SAD TO IRRITATED TO SENSITIVE. I ALSO HAVE LOWER BACK PAIN AND LOWER ABDOMEN PAINS AND I GET A WEIRD FEEILING IN MY STOMACH LIKE SOMETHINGS MOVING ARROUND IN THERE AND IVE ALSO HAD THE SORENESS IN MY BREAST...THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING OFF AND ON SINCE DECEMBER I HAD A PERIOD IN JAN BUT NOT ON IM FEB OR MARCH AND THEN I JUST HAD ANOTHER IN APR I TOOK 1 BLOOD AND LIKE SO MANY HOME PREGNANCY TEST BUT THEY ARE COMING BACK NEGATIVE.. I HONESTLY DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG IM 19 I WAS TAKING BIRTH CONTROL BUT NOT ANY MORE I WENT TO THE DOCTORS AND THE OBGYN AND STILL NOTHIN... I NEVER KNEW THAT THIS MANY PPL WERE GOING THRU THIS HOPEFULLY SOMEONE FINDS AN ANSWER

Hi ladies,
I have 5 babies and what I can tell you all about your symptoms of pregnancy is that your brain will create what you may or may not want!
Many times I wanted to be pregnant and with regular cycles then I will miss a period and my mind thinks yeah this is it, but tests come up negative. Yet all these symptoms are soooo real. Like I am really pregnant.

Hi everyone,

I'll try to make a long story short. Like I said, I will try. I will soon be 43(in July). I have 4 kids ages 19(and she is pregnant with her second child),14 yesr old son,12 year old daughter and a 2 and a half year old son. I had them all by C-section. During my last pregnancy,I was encouraged by doctors to have a tubal ligation during the last c-section. They said it would be life threatening to have another baby. So, as much as I didn't want to do it,I did. My body hasn't felt the same since. After my youngest was born,I had regular periods,but at the end of my periods I had a lot of spotting(brownish blood) until I ovulated.Then the spotting would stop until my next period. My periods would be about every 28 days,until last summer when off and on it would be every 30 days. I would have a lot of cramping, and have always been heavy flowing. Anyway, I have NEVER missed a period unless I was pregnant. In April I started my period 5 days early and when it finished,I didn't have the spotting...and I didn't ovulate either(I usually have a a lot of pain). I was supposed to start my period again the 25th of May. I had all of the cramping, bloating etc. but no blood. Oh yes, I can't forget to mention, a few days before I was due to start, I had a few days of spotting(brown blood). I did a home pregnancy test a few days after my period was due and it was neg......and so I waited for another few days and did the second test(from the same package) and still neg. It is now June 3rd. I do not have hot flashes or another signs of realy menopause. Although I have been feeling sick(it's subsiding now). My breasts are a bit sore. I still have cramping,but not as much, and the bloating seems to be gone. I am more tired than usual.I have ruled out an etopic pregnancy,due to the fact that I don't have any severe pain on either side.I have ruled out any infection, due to no discharge or odor. I have been feeling "muscle spasms"? I think that's what they are, down in my lower belly.Sometimes it feels like something moving and other times it just feels like a a muscle spasm. I do get the odd pain.....to wrap it up..I feel like I am pregnant, even though I had a tubal ligation(they cut and burned). I haven't gone to see the doctor(I don't unless I absolutely HAVE to). Can anyone give me any advice? Or maybe someone is going through the same thing.

Thanks.

Hi all. I am 34. I had missed my period for the month April and May. June2nd came around and I started bleeding. It wwas two weeks and still bleeding so called to make an appointment to be seen. By the time the dr. appointment came it was July 8th. I was yes, still bleeding (a month straight). The first thing they did was urine test for pregnancy, negative. Then they did blood test for STD.'s etc. All negative. Then I had a pap smear and a Biopsy done to ck for cancer. Negative. He put me on the pill to stop the bleeding and gave me iron to take. I go in on this monday the 27th of July for an ultrasound. I have a heavyness in my lower adomen and crampiness. I thought I was pregnant and still think I am. My bras do not fit me any more and my pants are very tight. I can't sleep on my stomache any more. And I feel the need to urinate every 2 hours even if its just a little. It feels as if I really have to go. Hopefully Monday I will know some conclusive answer to what is happening with me. I never had irregular periods, ever. And never took birth control until now. I had used condoms in the past. My husband and I stopped using them in an effort to become pregnant. Wish me luck.