Tonight I was on my lap tap, when I looked down at my left hand. I really got scared and went into a panic mode- I was very frightened to see this dark blue coloring all over the top of my hand! It didn't hurt, however, it didn't "rub" away either. I have a handicapped child that needs 24/7 care- it is demanding and takes a toll on my body. I lift him quite a bit during the day- he is 116 lbs. Could I have perhaps, broke a vein, strained a muscle in the wrist area? I am 56 years old. I have however, had a colon-resection 2 years ago, and an ambilical (sp?) hernia a year ago the end of this month. I don't feel bad- however, I do have a history of anxiety attacks, and this sure put me in one~(a lot of talking myself out of fear!) Please, if anyone has had this happen, please share your concerns/comments. At this time, it has resumed it's regular look. Thank you, and I look forward to any help.

I was hoping this morning to have at least one person in the world that has had this kind of scare happen to them. I am fine today- however, I would still like a reply from anyone out there who might know what causes/caused this to happen. Unless it is nerve damage from my spine or arthritis from age- I don't know what to do.

I see a few people have read my post but only I have replied. Is this something that is of no worries? I guess this site is really just for blogging.
I will see my doctor today- just wanted to know if it has happened to others. Apparently, not.

I'm not a doctor, so I can't tell you why that is happening to you. I can tell you it happens to me too though. In my case I have a conginetal heart defect and have poor circulation. The bluish knuckles are usually accompied with aching legs especially the left side. I have found that caffine and a poor diet with higher fat and salt foods make it worse. So usually around "that" time of the month I'm just mess because thats all I want to eat. I hope you talked to your doctor and found that everything was ok though.

omg me 2 im at skewl and im freakin out about to go to da nurse idk wat to do i tink my watch may be da prob but idk