So, I found this thing on the right of my outer lip of my vagina yesterday and I squeezed it a bit and a bit of puss came out. But after that, nothing happened. I engaged in sexual intercourse afterwards and found that it had become very swollen. I put ice on it for about 15 minutes to see if the swelling would go down because it hurt to even move. I also found that just to the left of my right side... near my bikini line... is very sore and feels a bit hard. Also, where my "lip" is swollen.. it's a bit hard as well... I have no idea what it is and I'm kind of scared. I hope you have an answer to what this may be!

Considering there was puss that came out, I would say it was an ordinary pimple or even a sebaceous cyst with an ingrown hair under the skin or something similar. The skin down there is more sensitive that skin on other parts and it may hurt more and the problem may look bigger due to the specific place.

Considering that there is hair on the outer labia, they could have easily inflamed and maybe even some bacteria (from skin) got in and caused an infection. I myself get painful pimples down there from time to time but I never freak if there’s puss in them.

If you can’t put your mind at rest, it would be best you visited dermatologist (not gynecologist). They can have a look and just by looking at it can usually tell with certainty what it is. Immediately you would get a perfect prescription, usually an antibiotic to get rid of an infection. Good luck!

Unless the person who replied before me is a doctor with super-vision I wouldn't exactly call that a diagnosis. It could be any number of things I'm sure.

As someone who has had ingrown hairs I can assure you that that is a possibility. An ingrown hair is especially common if you shave or do hair removal. I would definately consider seeing someone if it were uncomfortable, gets worse, is reoccurant or if there is a possibility of an STD.

Did you find out what it was? I have the exact same thing

I doubt you have herpies. I get so upset when I hear people throw around the word "herpies". I am a 46 year old female and this has happened to me 6 or 8 times in my life and two or three times before I ever had sex. I have also had the same thing on the middle of my butt cheek and in my armpit....and I wouldn't call that herpies. I would however have it checked if it spread and you had two in the same area or if it happened again in the near future. By the way I had one checked by my gynecologist once and he popped it and drained it for me. He said it was an ingrown hair. Be watchful and responsible, but don't get scared by alarmists.

I would have to agree with Dragonfly...Its an ingrown hair]

I've had this before, a few times. I've been tested a few times and have no problems or stds, so it must be normal? Hard underneath the pimple and such. It goes away after a week or so. It's probably a cystic pimple, and like a few said before me...could be because of the sensitivity of skin down there. Wash it thoroughly everyday, and don't touch it and it will go away.

i have alike three pumps like pimples but not it almost feels like a ingrown hair but they ich very bad but i think it caused by my underweare irriating it but i also have 2 by my butt area they are hard bumps and very sensitive anyone have it to help me know what to do ???

I know these hurt and freak you out Ladies, but these puss filled villens wont go away. Its something we'll live with for the rest of our life, even with doctors, meds :x ...I speak from experiance. Its NOT a STD since there is puss, and blood. But if in doudt Please see a doctor. I did and what I thought was a nightmare was nothing more then over active oil gland with sometimes ingrown hairs.

I have found if I soak in a clean tub of warm to hot water with or without Epsom Salt for 30 minutes, and spot treat these little devils with "Tea Tree Oil" or "Oregano oil" after drying off it helps speed up the healing procces and they POP! "Oregano Oil is abit to stingy for me, but the Tee tree Oil works great. What a feeling once they do. I had one of these painful boogers one time at my Best friends wedding and every step was making me want to scream out Bloody MURDER!

Also I make sure not to use the same towel. I always use a new clean one. This helps preventing cross contamination.

I hope this helps my fellow sisters or even men. Your not in this alone. :D

I've had one of these on my outer labia for several yrs now. My gyno said it was a hairbump. She tried to pop it but couldn't. I've thought about seeing a derm. to possibly try and get it removed. I am sort of self-conscious about it b/c it grew after the birth of my daughter!

I am definitely going to try soaking in the epsom salt. the tea tree oil i am a little nervous about but i may give it a try. you all have been very helpful and put my mind at ease. thanks

I just want to tell you to get a second opinion if your doctor says it is a cyst. My mother went to 3 gynos who all told her she had a cyst but she was not satisfied because it was not going away. She finally found one gyno willing to do a biopsy and it was cancer! By the time it was diagnosed, it was too late and had metastasized. Always trust your intuition and get second opinions.

I have what seems to be a pimple in the area above the clitoris. I would have thought just an ingrown hair, but it's on the pink tissue much like lips on the face where there's not any hair. One might would think maybe herpes, but it's only one...not a cluster...and I was able to pop it. First puss then blood came out after the painful pop. It looks a lot better. I recently had another...I guess about 3 weeks ago or so...it too was in the area where there's not any hair...but closer to the vagina.
I have read about pimples...boils...etc being in the area of a hair follicle...so what could this be?
(I do not mean this to be a joke...but could it be caused from the friction of a vibrating toy? It's not a blister...as in...like the kind you get on yo ur hands raking the yard...but more like a pimple)
any ideas??

I just wanted to say Thank you to all, for greatly putting my mind at ease. I recently found a pimple and I freaked a bit. I'm glad somethings are still normal. I'm a fan Thanks ;-)

I agree I have had similar outbreaks the first was when I was fairly young and I was scared thinking I got it from the Rest rooms at school because it was way before I was sexualy active and found out it was a pimple w/an ingrown hair. I have since had them in the same spot and gone to my gyno and have been reassured it is just a pimple. I am tested regularly for STD's even though I am i a manogomis relationship for 4 years. Doctor told me to Soak in warm water or get a warm clean wash cloth and apply it to the area and another thing Ive found helps is letting it air dry for awhile if you can ;-) ...Dont worry but as all others have stated if you are still scared go to the doctor