Some mates and I were talking about football the other day, and both my mates who I was out with at the time claimed that the average life expectancy of football players is less than that of people who do not play sports actively. Surely, that must be a mistake on their part? Does anyone have any information about what the life expectancy of football players is?

probably takes into account major injuries that players have had, that shorten life expectancy, this then brings the average down

Hello there,

I believe that your friends were thinking about the fact that football players are working very hard during they career so maybe they are suffering more when they get older. But they are always talking about the average and you can’t always believe to the statistics because every individual is different. So it all depends on the family history and on the style of living. Some football players are party boys and they are drinking alcohol more often than regular people because this is the way to get away from the constant stress.

If you plan to be a football player don’t be afraid of these stories. There is more benefits in be a sports guy than don’t do any sports at all.