I have just experienced a burn injury but luckily it was nothing serious. Still, while in hospital, I have witnessed several cases where people were in the life threatening situations because of the burns. What might happen to them, how come the burns may be so dangerous? Will they be ok?

I assume that the loss of fluids may be very intensive and that has to be compensated immediately. Also, nerves deep in the skin might be affected and that might cause some further complications. And also, if some important nerve or the blood vessel is damaged, that can easily lead to a fatal situation.

Hallo,
The burns are very dangerous and you have to understand that there are several degrees of burns. Severe burns are life threatening and people do not recover from them. I know that first and second degree burns are not life threatening. However third and fourth are life threatening and they need immediate medical attention. Your skin is very important part of your body and if you lose your skin, which might happen when it comes to burns your body might stop to function. Burns tend to leave marks on your body so many people have scars from burns. I hope that this helped in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen